Contractor Sales Person

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DebS_5
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Contractor Sales Person

Hello  I am adding a New Contractor as a Sales Person, but the OLD pre STP suggestion was to set up as an Employee, could you please tell me how I can do that now.  The ATO would not appreciate having an Employee Card set up, I am sure! Thanks Deb

3 REPLIES 3
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Re: Contractor Sales Person

Hello @DebS_5 

If you are in the position of having contractors or salespeople who are not paid a regular payslip by your business, the process would still be to set them up as an employee. However, you will want to ensure you change the Employment Basis to 'Other,' as this will exclude them from STP reporting. You can do this in Payroll Details >> Personal Details. This will effectively remove that person from the list of employees who are reported through to the ATO.

Additionally, if a tax file number is not provided or not required, set their tax file number on their card to be 000 000 000. This is the substitute TFN where the payee chose not to quote a TFN.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

DebS_5
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

39Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily_B  In other Software they are setup in Payroll under Labour Hire and the Super is Reported through STP to the ATO when the nex pay run is processed.  Is this different for MYOB.  Thanks Deb

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @DebS_5 

There is also a Labour Hire option in the Employee Card under Payroll Details >> Personal Details >> Employement Basis. This will allow for processing superannuation if necessary for that particular employee. Please see the Help Article: Enter employee information for further details

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post