Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Convert Items List into Inventory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User NanFg
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
NanFg
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Convert Items List into Inventory

Hi I have 3 questions in relation to the above topic. First of all, there are existing items used for sale BUT never set as inventory or ever had quantities on hand.So have some questions in relation to converting existing items as inventory:-

1. Not able to set items which have had sales into inventory.How can one achieve that?

2. If the items that have never had a count on hand, there will be a difference between count and on hand if converted with quantities-how do I treat this as it is really not a real difference?

3. What is the best and quickest way to set all active items to inventory with a count of quantities?

Many thanks NF

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
809 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Stuart_W
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

140Kudos

122Solutions

Re: Convert Items List into Inventory

HI @NanFg

Thank you very much for posting on the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find it a fantastic resource.

1. Unfortunately, once you put through sales/purchases for an item, you cannot then go and change the inventoried status (turn off/on). You need to create new items and mark the old items as inactive. 
  2. I'm not sure I understand your second question sorry. If the items have never been inventoried they will never have had on hand quantities tracked. In this case, simply count inventory and adjust the on-hand quantity to be the current on-hand quantity.
  3. The quickest way to bulk update on-hand quantity for inventory is to use count inventory.

Hope that helps, if you have any other queries at all please don't hesitate to reach out.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
NanFg
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stuart

Thanks very much for the prompt response. Very clear response.

2. Perhaps i should clarify. NF has never used inventory but merely an items list for selling their items.So no count has ever been done until now. So when you say "adjust the on-hand quantity to be the current on-hand quantity', do you mean input the quantity in 'counted' column and then obviously there would be a  difference between 'On Hand' and 'Counted'. How does this difference get resolved, via Adjust Inventory item by item?

3. Is the "Count Inventory' and exportable list so that it can be updated and then imported back in otherwise it is a manual exercise right?

Sorry for request for clarification- first time doing this  conversion from items list to inventory with quantities

Many Thanks NF

MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
809 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Stuart_W
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

140Kudos

122Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

HI @NanFg

• Yes. When I say adjust the on-hand qty to reflect the actual on-hand quantity I mean simply put the actual on-hand quantity in the counted column. Basically the count inventory is meant to be an easy way to adjust your AccountRight on-hand qty to reflect the actual on-hand qty you count on your floor. So your AccountRight on-hand qty will be 0, as you've never inventoried your items. This is normal and expected, and after your inventory adjustment the on-hand qty in AccountRight will be the same as what you've counted in your real life stock levels.
  • You cannot export/import your count inventory stock sheet. There is a stock sheet report in Reports->Inventory->Count Sheet but this is designed to be printed and written on manually. If you need to can print an items list and open it in excel and enter counts there, but this cannot then be imported into AccountRight. After doing your inventory adjustments you can run the Inventory Journal report and see the adjustments made for the count. Simply make sure you put something descriptive in the journal memo such as "Inventory Stocktake 31/08/2018" so you know where the journal originated.

Basically Count Inventory is an easy way to count your current real life on-hand stock levels and adjust the ARL on-hand quantity to match. The time saving comes in that it will calculate the quantity to adjust your inventory by automatically, so all you have to do is count how many you have in your warehouse etc. For example if I have an on-hand quantity of 195 and I count 200, the difference is +5. I then hit Adjust Inventory and the adjustment quantity is 5 (as I wish to increase my ARL on-hand quantity by +5) and the unit cost/amount etc already pre-calculated for me. 

Hopefully this clarifies some things. As always if you have any other questions at all please don't hesitate to reach out.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
NanFg
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions