Copying a Sales Packing slip template

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Copying a Sales Packing slip template

Hello

Simple thing that I'm trying to do...

I need to copy a template form that is currently under,

-> Customise Forms -> Invoices -> Item to -> Invoices -> Packing Slip (Item)

You can do a Save As but that doesn't allow you to select a different 'folder'.  I've also tried selecting all and copying and pasting but it won't allow you to copy or paste after selecting all.

Surely there is an easy way to do this as creating templates in this system is tricky enough?

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Copying a Sales Packing slip template

Hi @WMack 

When you customising a form that form that is being customised is unique to the layout option selected. For example, you have a packing slip item form you are not able to change or copy that form to become an item invoice form. 

If that is required, you would be looking at selecting a default customise form, such as the plain paper or pre-printed customise form, under the required layout and selecting that as the basis for the new form, customising it as required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

So can this not be done in the background files as I know it's a folder/file structure which shows all the different layouts and could possibly be copied from one folder to the other.

The template creating etc is not the friendliest of things to use so having to re-create a whole layout is a lot of work when it's possibly something MYOB could quickly copy to another layout.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @WMack 

AccountRight Classic (v19) would store the customise forms in a Forms folder within the application folder i.e. C:\PremierClassic\Forms. Generally, there are no sub-folders within that Forms folder and having a form saved in a sub-folder could make that form not appear for selection within a company file. As the forms were typically just stored in the one folder (no sub-folders), it was up to the form and the initial customisation to determine which layout the form was used.

AccountRight 2019 works on a similar principle that when the form is initially customised it is given the layout used i.e. whether it is a service invoice or an item invoice... If that form layout does need to be changed another form would need to be created off a default form of the required layout. The difference with AccountRight 2019 is that the forms are no longer stored as part of a dedicated forms folder, rather than are included as part of the company file i.e. the myox file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

WMack
Experienced User
138 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

138Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Another ba bow.  Ok thanks for the information Steve.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post