3 Posts
User
New Zealand
jowalsh

3Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Customer Invoice Statement not showing a running balance

I am using AR2019.2 and want to amend my invoice statement to show a running Balance in the far right column - not just the balance of the invoice less any payment that may have been allocated to that invoice. Does anyone know if this can be done? Have attached an example of the statement - the balance out the side should total up the balance above that plus that particular invoice line.

Also, we import the invoices from another package - how do I change the description - Imported with the client name (I want to drop the work imported and maybe change to Sales Invoice with the client name)?

Capture.JPG
1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30453Posts

3775Kudos

4441Solutions

Re: Customer Invoice Statement not showing a running balance

Hi @jowalsh 

AccountRight offers two types of statements;

• An Invoice statement. This particular type of statement will show all the invoices for that customer with the balance of each individual invoice (balance reads across the page)

• An Activity Statement. This particular type of statement will show the history of the customer card for the desired period and will have a running balance for that customer (balance reads down the page)

You can change which type of statement is being produced via the Print/Email Statements>>Statement Type>> Invoice or Activity.

From your screenshot you are running an invoice based statement, if you did want to see that running balance the activity statement type would be the way to go.

In terms of the description of the transaction, when recording a transaction via Sales>>Enter Sales the memo is pre-populated with "Sales; <Customer name>". This can be changed by clicking into that field and making the necessary changes to that text. When it comes to importing, you have the memo field when importing if this is blank or the field is not matched during the import then the system will add "Imported <customer name>" to that transaction. If you did wish to have a specific value in that field it would need to be included as a field in the Import file and have that field matched to the memo field. Alternatively, that memo would need to be changed after importing the necessary transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post