Customer Not Found

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
INO80
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer Not Found

Hi,

I am trying to import a CSV file from a Community Data Solutions software into MYOB but my imports are not successful. I keep getting the 'Customer Not Found' error.

Alternatively, I saved the CSV file as a Text file and tried importing again to no avail. Can someone let me know what I am not doing right?

Please see attached the import files and import logs for both CSV and Text files.

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Customer Not Found

Hi @INO80 

Generally speaking an import error of “customer not found” means that AccountRight isn’t able to match up the customer on the import file to the card file.

This can happen if the names differ between the card and the import file. For example if the name on the card is quite long the full name needs to be on the import file, as well as needing to match in both spelling and case.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

INO80
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neil_M ,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have made the corrections as suggested but I am still getting the error message. I created a new customer with identical details as the one I have in my import file but no matter what I do, I still get the Customer not Found error. Can you pinpoint anything I am not doing rightly? 

Attached are the CSV file I am trying to import, the import log and an exported sales file.

Thank you.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @INO80 , if I can comment, your import file contains Abbey,Luke,"Luke Abbey" as the co/lastname and firstname fields. (Excel has added quotes because of the comma in the second field).

If your customer is an individual, eg Abbey, Luke (LastName, Firstname), then the file should contain Abbey, Luke in the first two fields.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

INO80
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Mike_James ,

Thanks for that clarification.

I created the card as a company, not as an individual, and then proceeded to modify my data source to that effect. During matching, I unmatched first name and was able to successfully import.

Thanks to you too @Neil_M. Your cntribution was helpful.

My Regards.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post