Customer card not found

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rose8mary
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer card not found

Hi I know there are other messages on this topic but none that help me and I have called MYOB twice now about this issue. 2/3 of the timeslips of one of our staff members' timeslips when imported (as txt) do not import - says Customer Card not found.  Some of the entries for the same Customer do import! (We do not use id numbers.)  Other staff using the same Customer Names do not have this issue.  The Customer is not a Supplier so only has the one card.

I have tried these things without success:

- copying the customer card name from MYOB into the Excel file which is then converted into txt but the same result

- copying the Excel data onto a new Excel file as thought there might be something in the cells corrupting the data

- MYOB got me to save a new template (txt) & used that.  (I didn't think this would work as it's not the headings that are not working.)

I've had this problem for months and have had to manually enter all the missing timeslips but really need this resolved so any ideas gratefully accepted,

Rosemary

4 REPLIES 4
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Customer card not found

Hi @Rose8mary 

Could you please attach the import file and screenshot of the Import/Export assistant where you match the fields so we can investigate the issue further? Once you attach the file, please also let us know the name of the customer for whom all the entries are not getting imported.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Rose8mary
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal

Info as requested attached.

The names of the Customers whose cards are not imported are in the import log (also attached.

NB, McMichael & Associates timeslips sometimes imported.

Other employees with same customers do not have this problem except in minor instances(eg 3 timeslips)

We thought it might be something in the formatting of the cells in the Excel sheet but cannot find anything.

Thanks for your help,

Rosemary

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Rose8mary 

I have tried to import the file you attached and received the same Error -66 : Customer card not found, until I checked the card file for each customer.

If in the Profile of the customer card,  their Designation is set to Company, then you would receive the above mentioned error. However, if we change the Designation to Individual with the company name in Last Name, the file is imported successfully.

Please try doing so and let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Rose8mary
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal

It worked - thank you so much!

This is weird (& not correct) that companies have to be designated as individuals to be imported.

But the most important thing is that I don't have to individually enter each time slip.

Thanks again,
Rosemary

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post