Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Customer credit

Hi,

A customer overpaid an invoice twice last month, and I processed the payment through "Receive Payment" and applied the payment twice to the same invoice, the second one creating a credit.

Since there was no further invoice to apply the credit, we decided to refund the overpayment.

I opened the Sales Register and did the Pay Refund, and then followed all the instructions on the Paying customer refunds electronically page in your help centre by creating a supplier card and going through "spend money". The physical refund was successful but it's still showing in the "unprocessed electronic payment" report, as if there were two refund payments to be made and only one was processed. If I delete the unprocessed transaction, the amount comes back on the Returns & Credits part of the Sales Register.

How do I get rid of both the unprocessed payment and the credit without messing up the reconciliation for last month?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,041 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,041Posts

215Kudos

319Solutions

Re: Customer credit

Hi @NTRCW 

Apologies for the delay in response.

If the unprocessed electronic payment is still sitting in the Prepare Electronic Payments, one way it can be processed is by creating a bank file for it. This bank file can just be saved on your computer and does not need to be uploaded to the bank if the amount has already been physically paid. This amount, however, would be shown as going out of your bank account in the software. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post