Customer has paid the same invoice 3 times and now I can't match it

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JudeS1
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer has paid the same invoice 3 times and now I can't match it

I have had the same customer pay the same invoice 3 times.

The first payment was matched to the initial invoice.

The 2nd invoice was also matched using the "Closed invoices" option and thus created a credit.

Now when I try and allocate the 3rd payment via the Bank Feed "Receive Payment" option and select "Closed Invoices" tab that invoice number doesn't come up as there is a CREDIT balance against it.

How can I allocate this further overpayment?

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Re: Customer has paid the same invoice 3 times and now I can't match it

Hello @JudeS1 

AccountRight allows for the user to create a credit note for a customer through a variety of methods:

• Reversing an already recorded invoice for the customer - which you've done
  • Applying an overpayment to an invoice - which you've done against the 'Closed Invoice' option, creating a credit
  • Manually entering in a negative invoice.

So for the last payment which you don't have an invoice for, you can create a manual credit with a negative invoice. Go to  Sales >> Enter Sales >> *select the customer* and enter a negative invoice. This will generate a credit note for the customer which can then be seen in Sales >> Sales Register >> Returns & Credits, ready to be applied to an existing invoice in the future, or a refund to be paid. Let me know how it goes and if I can assist further.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Customer has paid the same invoice 3 times and now I can't match it

Hello @JudeS1 

I just wanted to check and see how you got on with the above. Were you able to resolve your issue, or is there anything further I can assist with? If my response did answer your query, please do click the green 'Accept as Solution' button so that other users can find this information more quickly.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post