Customer's Total Amount Due does not match with Balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RodSha
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer's Total Amount Due does not match with Balance

I am trying to resolve a long outstanding problem in that I have 7 Customers whose Balance does not match their Total Amount Due.

I have checked and we have no forwarded dated transactions and I have also run a client statement to 31/12/9999 and the problem still exists for these clients.

There don't appear to be any usual transactions in the Debtors Account or in the Customer Ledger

In addition both my Debtors rec and Historical Sales do not balance.

Debtors inbalance $1,189.56 (Total Sales exceeds Linked Receivable Account)

Historical Sales inbalance $1,454.88 (Total Sales exceeds Linked Receivable Account)

Customer Statement inbalances  $ 168.25 (Total amount Due Exceeds Balance)

I am using Accountright 2020.2 and there are a lot of purged transactions and it appears that this issue goes back to 30/06/2015 long before my time with the organisation.

With year end approaching I would really like to get this resolved

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Customer's Total Amount Due does not match with Balance

Hi @RodSha 

It sounds like we may need to arrange for the company file to be sent in for us to investigate and potentially recalculate the balance of the cards. 

Just before we do arrange for that, getting the following screenshots should be ideal:

• The Sales>> Sales Register>> Open Invoices for that customer for an extended date range
  • The Sales>> Sales Register>> Returns and Credits tab for that customer
  • The Aged Receivables - Outstanding invoice analyse for that customer (Customer Card>> arrow next to the Balance in the Profile tab)
  • A copy of the Receivable Reconciliation report for that customer with the As of date set to be 31/12/9998

With this information, we can clearly see what the balance should be and arrange for the file to come in if necessary.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

RodSha
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Steven

Thanks for that did you need screen shots for each client or just an example of one?

Rod

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @RodSha 

One customer as an example would be ideal.

If you could also send me a private message on this Forum with the other customer's card names, what the balance of their card says and the actual balance should be. By getting that information we'll be able to add that to that to the ticket when we set up that investigation and possible repair to ensure those cards as looked into as well.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

RodSha
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

MYOBRecRecReport.JPGMYOBAgedRecAnalysis.JPGMYOBReturnsCredits.JPGMYOBOpeninvoices.JPG

Steven

Please see attached screen shots

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RodSha 

Thank you for confirming that information, The company file would need to come in for a data file investigation and possible repair.

I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

RodSha
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Steven

I received the email this morning, thank you for your help, I will submit the data file later today :-)

Regards

Rod

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post