23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Customised Form - Print Preview Showing Items not in Customise Screen

Hi There,

Just have an issue with customising a statement form. The customise screen looks fine:

Customise.PNG

But the Print Preview Screen has duplicated the data at the bottom of the screen:

Print Preview.PNG

I thought this might just be a print preview error but when testing the form by sending a live copy via email, the duplicated text at the bottom still appears.

This form was not created from scratch but modified from a form we were previopusly using. The duplicated data appears to have been retained from the old form. Any suggestions of how to fix this as would prefer not to have to start from scratch.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
_Zentra
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Customised Form - Print Preview Showing Items not in Customise Screen

Copies of the print screens as do not appear to have posted correctly

Customise.PNG
Print Preview.PNG
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Hi @_Zentra 

Just to rule it out being a potential cause, I’d start by clearing the AccountRight cache.

I’d also be tempted to save another copy off the form you’re currently using and see if the duplicated text is happening on that copy. In some instances if the form has become damaged in the background saving and trying a fresh copy of the form can get around the damage.

If the error persisted in the copy then you would be looking at creating a new form

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

_Zentra
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neil_M,

Thanks for your suggestions; found out that when I had selected all (Ctrl+A) and moved everything down, the remainder of the old form had moved partially off the screen and no longer showed in the edit field so I had missed remiving this text. I selected all again, moved everything back up, deleted the text boxes from the bottom and readjusted - all good now. 

However, I do have another issue with the logo and text image across the top of the page. When you send to disk or email, it looks fine, but when you print a physical copy, there is grey shadowing around the logo and text.

Grey Shadowing Printed Form.JPG

Any suggestions on how to rectify this? I have tried inserting image with a clear background and white background, both print the same way.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Grey Shadowing Printed Form.JPG
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Hi @_Zentra 

Given its only happening when the document is being printed, it potentially implicates the printer itself as being the culprit. As a start I’d try printing a document to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer. This is a digital printer and will save a file on your computer rather than print a piece of paper. It will use the same printing functionality from AccountRight’s end, just a different destination

If the grey shadowing doesn’t occur then it’s likely the printer driver having an issue reading the information its being sent from AccountRight. You’d need to ensure the printer driver was up to date, and potentially look at reinstalling the printer with the most up to date version of the printer driver

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post