Customised Invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mathilda
Trusted User
109 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

109Posts

18Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customised Invoice

Good afternoon

Hope someone can give me some guidance.  I have been struggling for hours to get an Invoice form customised to suit my needs (which is really basic) but I have never done this before.  The company charges an hourly rate for service, and km rate for travel (but the same columns can be used).  So I just need 5 columns, which is 

Date & Details - where I will put the date in, the person who did the service and the vehicle details, probably in three lines under each other

Job Description - Details of the service which will probably take up a few lines

Units - The amount of hours (or kms travelled)

Rate - Rate per hour or km

Total (excl GST) - Amount (With the last three columns used to automatically calculate each total)

The sub total at the bottom will appear and the GST added extra to give the Invoice Total.

I have selected a form under the "time billing" and have customised it to show the above columns but if I enter an Invoice in MYOB it does not show these columns, even if I select the time billing option and on the customer's card I set the printed form to the one I have customised.  Did I select the wrong type or what must I do?  I have searched other posts but I can't find something that helps to sort this out.

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Customised Invoice

Hi @Mathilda 

In order for AccountRight to use a particular customized form for a sale, the form and the sale need to be of the same type. So if the customized form is a time billing form, but the sale is a service type sale (for example) then when the sale is printed or emailed it will use whichever service sale form has been selected in the Print / Email Invoices >> Advanced Filters for the Sales type of ‘Service”

So if you were wanting to use a Time billing customized form you would need to ensure that the sale was recorded as a time billing type of sale, not a different type

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Mathilda
Trusted User
109 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

109Posts

18Kudos

6Solutions

Hi @Neil_M Neil

Thanks for your reply.  I don't necessarily want to use a time billing Invoice but that is the only template I could find that would give the columns for calculating the amount for hours worked at a certain rate.  (Or even just units X rate = amount).  I have played around now with that time billing invoice and it seems like I am getting there, only problem I have - it is printing the word "hour" in the column where I have entered an amount of hours worked.  Do you know why it is doing that?  Hope it makes sense ...

Mathilda
Trusted User
109 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

109Posts

18Kudos

6Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@Neil_M don't worry I think I did it, thanks for your help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post