MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Customised forms

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User Frustrated123
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Frustrated123
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customised forms

I'm learning this package to help my partner in his business and have had no previous experience with MYOB. I have a fantastic person helping me during this process.

Before the upgrade I was able to go in and edit a customised form. Now when I go into Setup, Customised Form and click on my customised form I want I get an X next to it saying delete form and no other options - pathetic. I don't want to delete the form I want to make a change. There is no other option apart from a useless arrow on the right-hand side which when clicked does nothing.

How can I edit this already saved customised form???? I do not want to delete it!!!! I have attached a document showing my predicament. Also how can I print preview this form to see what it looks like when there is no option on that page?

Help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Partner AlanT
1,112 Posts
Partner
Australia
AlanT
Partner

1112Posts

861Kudos

182Solutions

Re: Customised forms

@Frustrated123

Hi Robert,

Have you tried clicking the green [Customise] button?

Alan

12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Frustrated123
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Ah thanks Alan, that works.
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Frustrated123
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Sorry again Alan, how do I now assign that customised form to the remittance payment? I'm not getting the customised form I did when I go into Print Preview Remittance Advice. There is no option to choose it - which I do get an option of which form I want to print when printing an invoice.
Partner AlanT
1,112 Posts
Partner
Australia
AlanT
Partner

1112Posts

861Kudos

182Solutions

Hi Robert,

From your screen shot it looks like you're customising the remittance advice for Spend Money,  so that is what I will use here.

From the Banking group, go to Print/Email Remittance Advices and click the [Advanced Filters] button.

From the Selected Form drop down list, you should see your customised form.  Select your customised form here.

Regards,

Alan

12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Frustrated123
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Alan

I did what you said above, selected my customised form in the advanced filters, but when I go to Preview Remittance Advice it is still defaulting to the MYOB form. What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Julie-Anne (for Robert)

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4364Solutions

Hi @Frustrated123

Its great to see that @AlanT has offered his assistance.

When previewing or printing a remittance advice via the Spend Money window the transaction will always use the default form. However it will use the customise form when printing the remittance advice using the Banking>>Print/Email Remittance Advice window (provided its been set in the Advance filters window as the defualt form).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Frustrated123
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

Sorry I've been away for work and haven't done any book work for Territory Fixing.

Unfortunately that hasn't helped me at all. I have selected the customised form in the Advanced filter and I've gone to Print Remittance Advice (both via the printer and pdf) and I'm still getting the default!

Truly don't understand why it isn't picking up the customised form.

Regards
Julie-Anne
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4364Solutions

Hi @Frustrated123

Just to confirm what exact window are you printing the remittance advice from i.e. you are doing it directly from the Spend Money window using the Print button OR going to the Banking>>Print/Email Remittances Advice window>>Ticking the transaction and printing/emailing it from there?

If you are directly doing it from the Spend Money window i.e. selecting the Print option this will generate the 'sytem' default form.  However if you go to the Print/Email Remittance Advice window it should be using the appropriate form set in the selected form for remittance advice listed in the Advance Filters window - which is generally the customise form and set by the user.

So if you have a customise remittance advice form and you want to print using that form do make sure that you go to the Banking>>Print/Email Remittance Advice window and tick the relevant transactions and select to print from within this window. This is oppose to going into the transaction i.e. Spend Money window to print it.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Frustrated123
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

I can confirm I am going through the Banking Print/Email Remittance Advices.

I have set the customised form in the advanced field.

When I click on the above I have a list of clients I wish to send a remittance advice. I select the client. Clicking on File/Print doesn't work, so I'm then opening client and the details. From there I'm using the Print button and selecting the Print Remittance Advice and print to a pdf (I've even just printed it on the printer). The Please Wait bar comes up and keeps on doing nothing. Unfortunately I'm still getting the MYOB default form.

Once I exit from their the client I tried to remit has now gone from the list.

So what am I doing wrong or why isn't it picking up my customised form?

Cheers
Julie-Anne

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post