DELETE A SETTLED CREDIT - CUSTOMER

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

DELETE A SETTLED CREDIT - CUSTOMER

An amount of $20,385.00 was received into our account in payment of an invoice.  It was banked. I received the payment against an invoice for $28, 573.90.  As there were no further funds forthcoming, I wrote off the balance of $8,188.90, settled the credit and applied it to the invoice - balance owing nil.

Later in the day I became aware that the $20,385.00 was actually two separate amounts and I should have only receipted $20,000.00 (the $385.00 was a separate cash payment from someone else) and should have written off $8,573.90. 

I then deleted the Receipt of $20,385 and thought I would re-enter it.  However, the settled credit is still in the system.  Is there a way to delete the settled credit so that I can receive the payment correctly and write off the full amount?

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: DELETE A SETTLED CREDIT - CUSTOMER

Hi @nicole7247 

A Settle Returns and Credits transaction can be deleted by navigating to the required transaction and selecting Delete Transaction. The transaction that you are looking for would be the Settle Returns and Credits transaction. This is typically located via opening the invoice that the transaction has been applied to and selecting History... (bottom left of the Enter Sales window)

By deleting that Settle Returns and Credits transaction it will make that invoice the transaction originally applied to as open so payments can be made on it if required.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post