Default email for Invoices

MV1810
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Default email for Invoices

I read in the help pages that invoices and invoice reminders are send to the email address entered in the Profile tab of the customer. I assume that is under Address 1: Bill to. I just had the occurance where an invoice reminder was sent to the email in the Address 2: Ship to. Is there anywhere a setting that can change this?

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,385 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,385Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Re: Default email for Invoices

Hi @MV1810 

Invoice reminders for AccountRight are sent through to the original email address that the online invoice was sent to. Depending on what email address was selected at the time of emailing this could be the one listed on the card at Address 1 or Address 2 or perhaps even an email address not associated with the card (i.e. manually typed at the time of emailing).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MV1810
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Oh my, that's not cool. Can't it just use the email in the Bill to address?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,385 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,385Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @MV1810 

At this stage, there is no provision to update the email address to be the bill to email address on the card.

The reason being the MYOB Invoice Portal, which aids in sending out those invoice reminders, looks solely at the email address and other information that is sent through it. As it looks only at that information it doesn't back-reference the company file to pull the other contact information from the customer's card, only the one that is used in emailing the invoice thus the reminders are sent to that email.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MV1810
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry still thinking about this one. Is there a way to delete the previous information in the MYOB Invoice Portal so that it has to go back to the company card?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,385 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,385Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @MV1810 

Once an email has been sent through the MYOB Invoice Portal that email record is not able to be deleted. Although, deleting the invoice in your software will remove it from the Invoice Portal. This will also prevent that instance of the invoice from being seen by sender, recipient and no invoice reminders will be generated for it.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post