Delete $0 transaction lines in Transactions and Recurring Transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User FoxyWA
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delete $0 transaction lines in Transactions and Recurring Transactions

I will be grateful for any help received.

I have a number of recurring transactions which have a line with an account No and an amount which I change each time I process the transaction.

There is a second line in the transaction that has the same account No and $0 as the amount.

I am unable to delete the second line - the option on the Edit menu is grayed out and the keyboard shortcut doesn't do anything.

I am the administrator and have full control in user rights.

It would save me a lot of time if I can edit the recurring transactions rather then delete them and redo.

The problem this causes, is that the General ledger (Detail) report on those accounts lists all of the $0 lines, making the report hard to read, and unsatisfactory to the hierarchy.

Is there a way of deleting these lines from these juornals?

7 REPLIES 7
Partner AlanT
1,179 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,179Posts

883Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Delete $0 transaction lines in Transactions and Recurring Transactions

@FoxyWA

Hi Peter,

I just tried to do this and was successful using the following steps.

From the Lists menu, select Recurring Transactions, highlight the transaction you wish to fix and click the [Edit] option.

On the extra line I selected the Tax code and deleted it using the [Del] key on the keyboard. I then selected the account and again deleted it. 

I then clicked on the line above and the extra line was cleared.  I then clicked the [Save] button.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Contributing Cover User FoxyWA
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Alan, such a simple solution yet so hard (for me) to find in MYOB help.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,759 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,759Posts

4,378Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @FoxyWA

I'm sorry to hear that you have had difficulty in finding the required information to your enquiry.

Depending on what the recurring transaction was would depend on what options do you have to delete those blank dollar lines. For example with Sales or Purchases transactions you would be looking at "To delete a blank line , transaction line, header or subtotal" section on Help Articles: Add headers, subtotals and lines on sales or Add headers, subtotals and lines to purchases

However based on what you have described it does sound like you where referring to a recurring Spend Money, Recieve Money or similar transaction as such the lines are unable to deleted without the removal of data as indicated by @AlanT. Help Article: Spend Money FAQ: How do I delete a line from a Spend Money transaction? would be able to assit with that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Kerri333
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Surely 'Delete Line' should be able to be used without all the fuss of removing the information already in the line? Is this somehting that will be looked at for future versions?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,759 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,759Posts

4,378Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Kerri333

As mentioned in my previous post on this topic, the Delete Line option is available for Sales and Purchase based transactions. Spend Money/Receive Money transactions don't have the option for deleting lines be it 'normal' transactions or recurring transactions however it can be done as per the FAQ around this topic on Help Article: Spend Money window

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User Kerri333
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stephen,

My issues with deleting lines were not in the spend money or receive money but in my recurring sales and purchases.

Since reading your reply I did delete the lines by deleting the gst content which then allowed me to delete the line. 

My questions still stand:

Shouldn't we be able to delete a line (in sales & purchases) without first removing the content?

Is this something you will be looking at for future versions?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,759 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,759Posts

4,378Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Kerri333

As mentioned in my original post on this topic you can delete lines on (recurring) sales and purchase transactions in the AccountRight 2017.1 range in accordance with  "To delete a blank line, transaction line, header or subtotal" section on Help Articles: Add headers, subtotals and lines on sales

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post