Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delete Old accounts

i want to delete/remove some Cost of Sales accounts I have set up in the past but don't use anymore.  how do i do  this?  also, do i need to also then delete linked Income account?  or can I somehow make inactive perhaps without permanently deleting but again do i need to both COS and Income?  the reason I want to delete is because over the years there has been many double ups of accounts because item was name something differnetly years ago as to what they are called now and the data entry operator wasn't aware it was same product. 

also, how do i know which COS is linked with which Income account? is there a report I can print to show me this?

if someone could help, i would really appreciate it. many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Valued Cover User LRBooks61
68 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

68Posts

83Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Delete Old accounts

Hi Leanne,

if the account has had entries posted you can'tdelete them but you can make them inactive.

if you wish to combine accounts you can merge them, see bottom left hand side in the accounts list.

select one account and then in the next column select the account you want to merge.  

the cost of goods account isn’ Linked to an income account the item would be , however if the income account is no longer required you can make that inactive also. 

MYOB probably won’t let you inactive an account that is linked 

hope that helps

lisa

Experienced Cover User LeanneB
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Delete Old accounts