Delete Receive Payments in Undeposited Funds Account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner OTBAS
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delete Receive Payments in Undeposited Funds Account

I can delete payments in the other Bank accounts, I can deleted the Bank Deposits in Undeposited Funds. I have unreconciled the Undeposited Funds account.

The transactions that are grayed out are the received payments to Customers, I can only reverse the payment but I want the invoices to become open again. This is a clean up job.

I have full user access to all roles, Security settings are set to (no tick in the following)"Transactions CAN'T be changed; They Must be Reversed"

My receive payments was dated the 17/12/18 it includes Invoices dated 24/11/16 through to 18/12/18.

The current year is  June 2017, because I am fixing the 30/6/17 balances first.

How do I delete this receipt, as I am cleaning up the Receivables Invoices ?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,267 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,267Posts

4,284Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Delete Receive Payments in Undeposited Funds Account

Hi @OTBAS

Generally, you will only have the reverse option if one or more of the following conditions are true:

• The transaction is recorded in a previous financial year
  • You have Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Transactions Can't be Change They Must be Reversed is enabled
  • The transaction is recorded in a Prepare Bank Deposit or Electronic Payment

Based on the information provided the first two seem to be covered and it may be a case of the second one i.e. that transaction has been included in a Prepare Bank Deposit transaction. I would recommend going to the Banking>>Bank Register and select the Undeposited funds account searching for a date similar to that of the payment transaction. You would need to look into the withdrawals of that account to see if that transaction has been included in that particular transaction. If you are not able to see that individual transaction in the withdrawal from that date range I would extend it out to be 31/12/9998 and go through the withdrawals. If that transaction has been found you can go to Edit>>Delete Bank Deposit and this will place the individual transactions back into the Prepare Bank Deposits window for deletion or reprocessing.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner OTBAS
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Delete Receive Payments in Undeposited Funds Account

I actually found in this case that I had too many windows open and I was locking the entries, because it was open a couple of times.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post