Deleting recurring sale

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,281Posts

4,286Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Deleting recurring sale

Hi @Grantly

Normally you would delete a transaction that has been set up as a recurring transaction using Lists>>Recurring transactions and highlighting the required transaction before selecting the Delete option on screen.

With that being said it, the screen shot you have uploaded doesn't indicate that it's a recurring transaction it looks like the transaction is an outstanding order for that customer. If you could go to Sales>>Sales Register>>Orders and enter the date range 03/01/2015 - 03/01/2015 (same date as listed in that window), does that transaction appear? If so can open it without that message appearing?

• If you can, you would be looking at converting that into an invoice in the current period or deleting that order using Edit>>Delete transaction.
  • If you can't open that sale can you provide the exact wording of the message you are receiving?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User Grantly
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven for you help. 

So Yes it is in "Sales>>Sales Register>>Orders and enter the date range 03/01/2015 - 03/01/2015". Image of the problem in that window and the intial error window is attached.

No I can't access it as it gives a error message. Error log is attached. Double clicking brings up the error. Right clicking and "Find transaction" gives a empty search. In this search window if i enter the details it gives 2 possibilities but if I select the problem one it gives a blank result. see 3rd attachment for that search window.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,281Posts

4,286Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Grantly

The error log is showing:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Generally, this is a standard error message and it does indicate that the program is looking for something and it is unable to find that particular something. 

Normally, it is either one of the following so I would recommend checking these things first:

• Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Sales Accounts - you have selected an account for each of these options.
  • A tax code on the transaction doesn't have a linked account for tax collected or paid - I would go through Lists>>Tax Codes and ensure that each tax code does have a linked account set up for it. Don't worry about the Linked Card for Tax Authority -this is an optional field.
  • If you use Inventory that you have a linked account for each item based on what options you have selected for the setup of the item i.e. you have a Linked account for Asset Account for Item Inventory, Income Account for Tracking Sales and Cost of Sales.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced User Grantly
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, 

Many thanks again for your ongoing assistance.

Before I answer your questions. Our business is very very simple. We don't have employees, we don't have inventory, and we don't charge any type of taxes (legally).

Point 1- See picture 1. So none of  the check boxes apply so I even unchecked the last one that in the picture was checked. I unchecked it and the error still occurs.

Point 2- See picture 2. As mentioned above we don't have to charge any tax so only 1 applies, GST FREE. But I really have no idea what to look at in the list if it is wrong?

Point 3- See picture 3. We have no inventory. I believe the earlier version of MYOB did have it, the current version we use doesn't have it. Looking on MYOB help it seems it is linked to "items"? But is more comprehesive with numbers of stock accounted. We don't use this, never have. To help I have included a picture of the 'item' window to allow you to see what I am referring?!

Option 1.jpg
Option 2.jpg
Option 3.jpg
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,281Posts

4,286Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Grantly

For the Sales Window, I would recommend selecting the option "I charge freight on sales" and selecting an Income Account for Freight.  That transaction may be picking up that there is no freight linked account. You shouldn't need to select an account for "I assess charges for late payment/Income Account for Late Charges" unless you do use the Finance Charge option in the Recieve Payments window. Although if you do, I would be selecting an income account just for that i.e. something like  Late fees, this is opposed to an account typically associated with a tax code.

In terms of the List>>Tax codes, you will need to select the individual tax codes and ensure that you do have a linked account for tax collected and paid. This would include tax codes not normally used.

If you don't use inventory items then you don't need to worry about that being an option.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced User Grantly
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I will work through what you have suggested.

But...

1. this was pretty much a stock setup of MYOB.

2. Can't we just find the offending problem and delete it? I explained how the problem was created, but their is no way to just undo? or Delete it?

Experienced User Grantly
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks again Steven for you assistance. So working through your suggestions.

1. "option "I charge freight on sales" "--- Gave a warning to account selected but did it anyway. Problem persists.

2. " unless you do use the Finance Charge"--- No. So left it unselected. Problem persists.

3. "need to select the individual tax codes and ensure that you do have a linked account for tax collected and paid. This would include tax codes not normally used."--- So even though I don't charge any tax I have to link an a/c for the collection of said tax? MYOB was setup defaulted for most things. So clicking on each tax code I can verify that they have an a/c linked.

Experienced User Grantly
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Bump?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,281Posts

4,286Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Grantly

Just to confirm if you have an account selected for each option in Setup>Linked Accounts>>Sales Accounts this particular message is still occurring and you are not able to open that required order?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced User Grantly
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you again for you persistence... to answer your question.

"account selected for each option in Setup>Linked Accounts>>Sales Accounts"---Just for the sake of eliminating this, I selected each to have a option.... then tested.... the error persists.

Please recall Steven that this started from a actual invoice... fully filled in... the option "Save as recurring" then being applied. The invoice was sent to the client... and paid... payment applied to the invoice and it was closed. But "save as recurring" never worked as I thought it would, nor have I been able to delete it.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post