10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delivery Dockets before Invoices

Does anyone have a solution to this.?  We have sales reps who hand-write delivery dockets.  We would like them to be able to enter a delivery docket into MYOB, but not have to worry about pricing.  I believe a delivery docket cannot be produced, without an invoice being created first.  They know the product codes etc., but not prices.  At the moment, they are hand-writing a delivery docket (which is a very time consuming exercise for them) and then we enter the invoice into MYOB with the relevant prices.  The customer is provided with the hand-written delivery docket (without prices) upon delivery, and then we email the invoice after delivery.

Any ideas on how to overcome this?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,441 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,441Posts

2,248Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Delivery Dockets before Invoices

@LC3016 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

You could use the Packing Slip as a Delivery Docket.

You can print Packing Slips when you produce the order by makeing sure the prefernce, in the sales area, to print packing slips is ticked.

You can also customise the packing slip so that is has the words delivery Docket on it in Customise Forms.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Contributing User LC3016
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks but this doesn't seem to work.  Ideally, if staff could create an invoice with no monetary value inserted, then choose "Print" and select from the drop down box "Print another form - Packing Slip" that would be so much easier.

Contributing User LC3016
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry, forgot to mention the reason it doesn't seem to work, is that 99% of customers have invoices emailed, not printed.  There is only a choice to print a packing slip in the "To be printed".

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,708 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,708Posts

4,372Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @LC3016 

For AccountRight to generate a print out of a transaction be it an invoice, packing slip or mailing label a transaction does need to be entered into the system. Generally, you would enter this information via Sales>>Enter Sales. Note: you can enter an invoice with 0.00 as the price/total and then adjust it at a later stage, although, if items are involved it may lead to inventory current value errors if you do readjust the price of an invoice after the initial record.

In terms of printing that invoice so that you have a delivery docket, why not create an invoice based customise form and remove the unwanted fields from that customise form? This way you can print that invoice via the Print option in the Customise Form window and select the desired form i.e. the delivery docket one.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post