MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Delivery docket - Modify form

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
OmegaPackaging
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
OmegaPackaging
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Delivery docket - Modify form

Hi all,

Is it possible to generate delivery docket from MYOB directly without having to generate invoice first?

Also, we are manufacturing company, we want to add 2 columns of Packing quantity, and Quantity of Pallet into the delivery docket. Can you please help? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,082 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2082Posts

2017Kudos

458Solutions

Re: Delivery docket - Modify form

@OmegaPackaging

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Not a Delivery Docket as such but you create a Packing Slip and call it a Delivery Docket.

Go to Setup on the Menu Bar then down to Customise Forms.

Choose Invoices and then Choose the Packing Slip you want either Service, Item or Professional.

Now customise how you want changing the Packing Slip to Delevery Docket and "save as".

Make sure you give it a name different to everything else.

Now go to Preferences and in the Sales tab the second preference down is Print Packing Slip when (------------) are printed. Choose the Orders by itself.

When you take an order record the order and when you print it you will get  a Packing Slip, just choose the delivery docket you created as the printed form.

You can then convert the order to a Invoice and print the invoice when you send the good to the customer.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
OmegaPackaging
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
OmegaPackaging
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Greame. However it doesn't work for my case. As the format of the invoice/order itself will be reflected in the delivery docket/packing slip, not the other way around, so if the format of the invoice/order could not be modified, the latter comes out not as per our need. 

I find it a bit waste of paper when you can only print packing slip/delivery docket once you print invoice/order first.

Hope MYOB can change this option. 

Thanks.

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,988 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5988Posts

961Kudos

848Solutions

Hi @OmegaPackaging

The design of AccountRight was built in mind to have an Invoice of the total transaction and payment between yourself and the Customer, whereas the Delivery Docket (Packing Slip in the software's terms) is designed as more consignment when sending the goods to the Customer as the contents of the package received.

That being said, you can print the Packing Slips specifically without printing the Invoice first. To do this, we go to Print/Email Invoices and change the Sales Type to be a Packing slip.

This will then allow you to print the Packing Slips without the Invoices being printed first.

temp.png

Note that you may want to change your print preferences as Packing slips can be set to print directly after an invoice following the same design as I mention above.

You may also be interested in support this Idea on our AccountRight Idea Exchange: Enter Sales - Ability to select packing slip for printing

Please let us know if you have any questions on this.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post