Discount wont apply for partial payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Billy1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Discount wont apply for partial payment

MYOB AccountRight Standard

A customer has made a partial payment and I have been asked to give them a $30 contribution (Discount) to their overall outstanding balance. Although when applying the $30 under the discount section of Receive Payments it will not apply after being recorded. Is there a way / another way to do this? 

Thanks so much.

2 REPLIES 2
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Discount wont apply for partial payment

Hi @Billy1 

Go to Linked Accounts under Setup and ensure you have that box ticked - I give discounts on early payments.

though I personally hate this - I do it another way - perhaps 2 come to mind

1. Open the invoice - create a discount item (create Expense Account Called Discounts) and allocate this item to that - then apply a - 1 x discount  $30 line in their invoice 

or 1. create a separate discount invoice for the client and apply it to this invoice 1st before the payment.

The problem with doing discounts that way is MYOB does entries in the background that have to be spearately deleted if you have to delete the payment - which can be painful or simply forgotten.

The Doc

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Discount wont apply for partial payment

Hi @Billy1 

Discounts offered on invoices within AccountRight do require the invoice to be fully paid to have that discount applied. 

Should a partial payment amount require that discount, you would be looking at recording a separate negative invoice for that customer for that discount amount. You would then apply that credit note (negative invoice) to the invoice. Alternatively, enter a separate line on that invoice as a negative to reduce the amount to be paid.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post