Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Duplicate Purchase#'s since 2018.3 update

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Partner ccall48
25 Posts
Experienced Partner
ccall48
Experienced Partner

25Posts

14Kudos

1Solutions

Duplicate Purchase#'s since 2018.3 update

2018.3 doesn't pick up Duplicate supplier invoices.

This version has now let me enter a few supplier invoices twice with the same supplier invoice number with no warning - even though it is set to warn in settings (I double checked).

11 REPLIES 11
MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

Re: Duplicate Purchase#'s since 2018.3 update

Hi @ccall48

The warn setting does not prevent you from recording the duplicate, it simply throws the warning like so:

temp.png

It will still allow you to click the record button without any further prompting.

If you try and create a new Purchase now and manually type in a Purchase Order# that's already used, do you get this warning blinky?

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
25 Posts
Experienced Partner
ccall48
Experienced Partner

25Posts

14Kudos

1Solutions

I'm aware of how it it suposed to work, however as per my OP 2018.3 version doesn't do that thats why I'm reporting it. Cheers.

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,000 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2711Posts

2070Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @Haydes

Given the number of users reporting this - this seems to be another one of those things that went wrong with this update - please get developers to check and confirm. So far we have Reconciliation issues, blank lines on invoices with zeroes and now this - duplicates being ignored without warning.

My question is how can so many things go backwards with an update?

Regards

Gavin

Super User sholt73
912 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

just wanted to add my 2c to this, just did some tests and I get the warning across quite a few files of mine. looks like it's not a widespread bug if it's just not working for this 1 user.

perhaps @Haydes should take a closer look at @ccall48's file.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

As I'm not able to replicate this on my files either, I'd agree with @sholt73 that I'd like to focus on your file specifically.

@ccall48, to look into this I'd like to arrange for a call back where I can sit with you as we look into this matter. Could you please send me a Private Message with your contact details and preferred contact time so I can arrange this around you?

You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

@gavin12345, I'll be sure to look into this. From a preliminary investigation I can't say this is a bug so far though I will continue to investigate to be sure. I'll make sure to close the loop on this thread.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
25 Posts
Experienced Partner
ccall48
Experienced Partner

25Posts

14Kudos

1Solutions

I believe you have now managed to replicate this Hayden_B?

I double checked and the error definatley occurs on my machines when adding invoices through in tray.

Cheers Cory.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

Hi @ccall48

That is correct, I've found that this does not give the warning if we're trying to create a new Purchase using In Tray. Though using it via Enter Purchases works as expected.

This has been raised with the Development Teams to resolve. I've also tagged this thread so I can make updates as I get them.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Super User sholt73
912 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

from this thread, it sounds like there are now 3 major bugs found:

• bank rec no longer shades transactions when ticked
  • the blank lines/headers on purchases show $0 pricing
  • and now this, where the duplicate PO#'s aren't being warned from In Tray

this is a fairly embarrassing time for myob.

I propose a way for users to find that this is a bug before waiting for confirmation. I do use other software that has an "open" policy on the bugs they have on a list (say bugzilla) that the public can view. while I understand a company like myob wouldn't want it to admit fault (it's rare to see), perhaps you could let us know with some blog post or whatever to know when major bugs are found and to keep a list of what is happening and when it's expected to be fixed.

let's keep it simple for now, major workflow problematic bugs/issues. things like basics having blocks missing in the gui where other command centres would be and other seriously minor bugs can be ignored.

maybe others would have a better look into something like this than me, and I encourage an open discussion on it.

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
482 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

YES, YES & YES!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search