Electronic Payment deleted in a Closed Period - numbers now off and no way to fix.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User SteveMacG
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Electronic Payment deleted in a Closed Period - numbers now off and no way to fix.

So while my Lock Period was temporarily disabled, we accidently deleted an Electronic Payments transaction from the prior Financial Year.  

To make sure all my reconciled balances were correct, I tried to process the Electronic Payment again under the original date, hoping to duplicate exactly the way it was done before.

Except AccountRight Live threw up a red X and hovering over that revealed that it wouldn't allow me to process an Electronic Payment from the prior financial year. The software allowed the transaction to be DELETED (without any warning to the user that it's for a rolled-over year) but won't allow the ability to correct this?

Now our reconciled balance is off for this prior financial year and there's no way I know of to fix it. 

Does anyone have a solution? Or know a way to adjust a prior closed year?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Electronic Payment deleted in a Closed Period - numbers now off and no way to fix.

Hi @SteveMacG

The most ideal solution would be to restore a backup, either from before the financial year was rolled or before that transaction was deleted. As transactions cannot be added to the financial year after it has been rolled over. Once this backup had been found it could be restored and any missing transactions entered into the restored file

If you are using a recent version of AccountRight 201X then under the File >> Close a Year menu there is an option to rollback a financial year. This feature allows you to return the file to the previous financial year, which would allow you to rerecord the electronic payment transaction

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User SteveMacG
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Electronic Payment deleted in a Closed Period - numbers now off and no way to fix.

Hi Neil,

Thank you very much for the reply.

So if we're unwilling to restore from a backup (as a number of transactions have now been entered since) will rolling-back to the previous financial year cause any values to change in the ledger? Can we roll-back, make the change, then roll-over without consequences?

Thank you!

Steve

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

HI @SteveMacG 

From a strictly functionality perspective, rolling back a financial year undoes the rollover to allow new transactions to be entered in and the financial year closed off again. That said I would take a backup of the file before doing this, so that you have a copy of the file from before these changes were made so that you can compare the figures from before and after, to ensure that there haven’t been any unanticipated changes

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post