Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Electronic Payroll - reversals

I processed payroll and this particular employee is paid electronically, I went back to change this pay but it didn't allow me to delete the payroll so I had to reverse.  My computer then shut down with errors.  I have the correct pay processed and paid however I now have two other reversals sitting in my electronic payment waiting to be processed one is a negative figure and one is a positive figure.  I thought I could process them to cancel each other out but I can't.  I also can't delete them only reverse them and I don't dare do this incase I make this issue worse.  My system is set up so I can delete but it just won't allow me to.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,483 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,483Posts

550Kudos

525Solutions

Re: Electronic Payroll - reversals

Hi @JuliePJ 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying. The only way to clear a reversal of a reversal from the Prepare Electronic Payments window is to include in a Bank File. So the best way to resolve this would be to delete the incorrect reversals. If in Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab>>Transactions can't be changed they must be reversed should not be ticked to allow you to delete transactions. If it isn't ticked make sure your user role allows you to delete transactions.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Tracey

When I click on the pay in the electronic payment window I am only able to reverse the entry and the box for transactions can't be changed isn't ticked. I havent had any issues deleting and changing things prior to this.  I am worried if I again reverse the transaction I will end up with more in the electronic payment window.  

MYOB Moderator
3,483 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,483Posts

550Kudos

525Solutions

Hi @JuliePJ 

I've done some testing to work out the best way to clear the reversal of the reversal from the Prepare Electronic Payments window:

1. open the reversal of the reversal
  2. change the Payment method to Electronic, don't click ok
  3. change it straight back to Cash, the Pay from Account should have changed from the Electronic Clearing Account to the linked account for cash payments, ie the bank account or the payroll clearing account
  4. click Ok

That transaction has now been moved from the electronic clearing account (and the Prepare Electronic Payments window) to the bank account or payroll clearing account.

If it is the Payroll Clearing account:

• go to Accounts>>Transfer Money
  • Transfer Money From: your bank account
  • Transfer Money To: payroll clearing account
  • Amount: the amount of the reversal transaction

This will clear the payroll clearing account and transfer that amount to the bank account.

If the original reversal is still in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, select it and click on Bank File. This will record the transaction moving that reversal from the electronic clearing account to the bank account.

Your bank account should now have a positive and negative transaction which you can match.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

When I open the reversal it has pay from account - Electronic but payment method is already Cash and I am unable to change anything.  Whatever I have done I have made a right mess Smiley Sad

Would it help if I did anything with the original transaction? 

I did try reversing the transaction as you initally described and now have 3 in my prepare electronic payments 2 positive and 1 negative Smiley Sad I don't understand why I can't delete these when I can delete other transactions in payroll and have done so without issues.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,483 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,483Posts

550Kudos

525Solutions

Hi @JuliePJ 

I'm sorry if my instructions were confusing but I never meant for you to process another reversal as this will only create more issues. Don't change or do anything to the original transaction or do anymore reversals.

If we just go back to the two reversals to start with, in the Prepare Electronic Payments window you would have had this:

rev1.PNG

CD00006 is when you reversed the pay transaction

CD00007 is when you reversed the above reversal (CD00006)

If you click on the reversal of the reversal (CD00007) you should see this:

rev2.PNG

you need to click on the arrow in Payment Method and change it to Electronic:

rev3.PNG

click on the Payment Method arrow again and change it back to Cash, the Pay From Account automatically changes to Payroll Clearing Account:

rev4.PNG

click Ok and that transaction will be moved from the prepare electronic payments window to the payroll clearing account. You will need to record the Transfer Money as in my previous reply.

If you open that transaction and the Payment Method is greyed out like this: 

rev5.PNG

it means that it is your settings which are stopping you from changing or deleting transactions. Double check that Transactions can't be changed: they must be reversed is not ticked and check your user permissions.

In Setup>>User Access>>Manage Users, click on the role you have been assigned (admin, banking, cards etc), click on General in the centre column and check if Allow Delete/Reverse is ticked.

The other thing that would stop you from deleting those transactions is if they were included in a Pay Liabilities or Pay super transaction. If they were you would need to delete the Pay Liabilities or Pay Super transaction, then you would be able to delete the reversals.

Please let me know how you go with this, fingers crossed you work out what is stopping you from deleting the transactions.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Morning

The area is greyed out, and I am ticked to be able to make changes, so I am thinking that it is because there has been a payment to the superannuation.  However when I find the superannuation payment, I can't delete the payment only revserse it and I am not wanting to do that incase I make more errors / mistakes.  It appears I have made a right old mess of this whole situation Smiley Sad

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,483 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,483Posts

550Kudos

525Solutions

Hi @JuliePJ 

Let's focus on working out why you can't delete transactions first and once we've fixed that we'll fix the rest. Have you rolled back the financial year? If you're not sure you can check by going to File>>Close a Year>>Roll back a Financial Year. If you get this warning Sorry, you cant roll back the financial year.
The Financial year has already been rolled back. You can't roll back another year, the year has been rolled back. You can only add and reverse transactions in the year you have rolled back to, you can't edit or delete.

If you have not rolled back the financial year can you please send me a private message with screenshots of the following:

1. the Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab window
  2. the Setup>>User access>>Manage Roles window with your role and General selected

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post