Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Email or Print invoices not working in a locked period

Hi MYOB 

With the latest update we can not longer email or print a sales invoice from a locked period. It says it can not save changes although there are no changes being made, just trying to re-email to a customer, which it will not allow. (Unless we take the period lock off). We never had this problem before. Anychance we can get this changed back??? 

As we have different departments that handle their own invoices this would be great if they could do this again. They do not usually have permission to adjust the period lock as that is hhandled by the Finance team. 

Thank you 

Natalie 

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

215Kudos

215Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Email or Print invoices not working in a locked period

Hi @NatalieV 

Thanks for your post.  I've recreated this in AccountRight and you should be able to print/email from a locked period.  Can you tell me each step (list preferred to keep it simple) you're doing when this happens so I can see if I can replicate it based on your steps? 

If an invoice has already been printed/emailed previously, the status changes to 'already printed/emailed'.  If you're trying to change the print/email status in order to re-email it, this is likely the change it thinks you're trying to make.  It would then throw the error saying it cannot save changes.  If there are no changes being made you should be able to email/print even with the lock period in place. 

Let me know and I'll continue to assist.  If this answers your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this post easier. Keep me posted! 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User NatalieV
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Theresa for your response. It seems to be working fine now. Perhaps just a glitch on the day and my team members can now print & email them with no problem. 

Thank you 

Natalie

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

215Kudos

215Solutions

Hi @NatalieV 

I'm glad to hear this is working for you now! Feel free to utilize the community forum in the future if you have any inquiries, tips or advice. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Cover User mkjbar
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Its not working for me , I still cannot print or email invoices in locked period.  Although I appear to be able to do this for previous financial years just not current one.

MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
543 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

543Posts

78Kudos

73Solutions

Hi @mkjbar 

Can I clarify the steps you are taking to print/email an invoice from a locked period? Are you trying to change the Invoice Delivery Status field from Already Printed or Sent to To Be Printed/Emailed?  If so, this will cause the error You can't edit sales dated in the lock period as you are making a change to the invoice.  

If you don't change the Delivery Status field, are you able to print/email the invoice by clicking on Print or Send To at the top of the Sales window?

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Cover User mkjbar
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Not trying to change anything just email a copy to client, I aslo cannot print these ones either.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post