13 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Enter sale from Bank Feed

Hi, 

I would like to be able to create a 'new sale' from the bank feed. As far as I'm aware, this is not possible. Will this function lilkely be available in the future? 

We sell wholesale produce to capital cities nation wide, and often recieve income/ remittance advice similtaneously with RCTI. It is much too difficult to create a sale at time of dispatch from farm, as we will not know how much we will recieve until its sale (minus commission and industry levies). I have been using the recieve money function on recieving bank feeds, and adding the necessary details given on the RCTI, con note and supplier name, however this prevents me from pulling the supplier details from 'sales' reports. Also, sometimes one consignment will be paid partially. 

Is there any alternate myob function I should be making use of? 

Thank you in advance for your help or opinion.

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator
38,334 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,334Posts

5,219Kudos

5,631Solutions

Re: Enter sale from Bank Feed

Hi @Kathy2 

The Bank Feeds window deals with the banking side of the transactions i.e. Receive Payments, Receive Money, Pay Bills... it doesn't deal with the initial transaction such as an invoice or purchase. As a result, you are not able to enter in the initial transaction (Invoice or Bill) directly through a Bank Feed, only the payment of that transaction.

However, what you could do, while you have the Bank Feeds window on screen select the Command Centre menu (top of the screen)>>Sales>>Enter Invoices. This would bring up the Enter Sales window so you could enter that invoice and then use the New>>Receive Payment option on that bank feed transaction to get the payment. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Are there any plans to add this basic functionality? We don't see any point in manually entering every single sale as an invoice, we would like to import and sort the bank feed and have the reports and accounting forms generated automatically.

MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,594Kudos

1,905Solutions

Hi @mpavlikhina 

As mentions, bank feeds are designed to correspond to the banking side of things not the sales side. As such while you can create transactions from the bank feeds window, these are only banking related transactions.

I’m not aware of any current plans to change the functionality of bank feeds to allow for a sales invoice to be created directly from the bank feeds window

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

If I am reading this right MYOB is not appropriate solution for any retail / non-invoice type of business then?

MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,594Kudos

1,905Solutions

Hi @mpavlikhina 

AccountRight isn’t designed specifically as a point of sale system, however if you were just recording cash received then you could use the Receive Money functionality. This function is designed to record any incoming money that is not related to an issued invoice.

Do note that any transactions recorded through this option would not appear in the Sales reports of AccountRight, which draws information from the transactions entered into the Sales command centre, being issued invoices to your customers.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post