MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Entering Purchases

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User bells02au
91 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
bells02au
Experienced Cover User

91Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Entering Purchases

Hello there

With the new AccountRight 2015.2.17 when entering purchases and converting orders to bill each time you do this it returns to the command centre, except when processing a recurring purchase.  Is there any way to ensure you can keep processing purchases without having the program automatically going back to the Command Centre screen?

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4365Solutions

Re: Entering Purchases

Hi @bells02au

Are you able to confirm the process that you are using to convert that Order into a Bill? For example are you doing from the Order itself or via the Purchase Register? Does it close the window or does the Command Centre just appear in front and you have to navigate to it to bring it up? To check this select to convert the Order and go to Windows (top of the screen)>>Do you have still have the Edit Purchase window on screen or do you have just the Command Centre option?

You also mentioned what version number you are on, are you able to confirm the file version number. This can be found via Help>>About AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

91 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
bells02au
Experienced Cover User

91Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

Yes converting an order to a bill.  Once you have processed the bill it automatically closes the window and takes you back to the Command Centre.  Which of course is annoying as I process many bills at once and I use my shortcut keys which does help a little but still I would think it would keep you in the option you have chosen until you close out of it like all other features...

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,711 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29711Posts

3631Kudos

4365Solutions

Hi @bells02au

Thank you for confirming that information

When you say you have "processed the bill" the window closes are you referring to when you select to convert the order into a bill the window closes i.e. you bring up the order on screen and select the Bill button at the bottom of the screen the window closes? Or it does convert the order into a bill, you can see the bill and then you push record at which point it goes back to the previous window i.e. Command Centre?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

91 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
bells02au
Experienced Cover User

91Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M.

It is when I convert the order to a bill and push record that it goes back to the Command Centre. Yet the interesting thing is if I use a recurring transaction and record this it remains on the same screen,
Valued Cover User Banana1
137 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Banana1
Valued Cover User

137Posts

92Kudos

25Solutions

Hello @bells02au,

I think I understand what you are doing there.  When it closes back to the command centre you are opening up an existing Order and using the [Bill] button on the order to convert it over to bill before recording it.  At which point it closes, having been modified.  This is normally how AccountRight operates.  However if it should close back to the Purchases Register if you opened the order from there before closing it.

When you say you are using a recurring transaction order, there is no means by which to convert the order over to a bill without recording it first - at which point it would return to the New Service screen ready to enter a new purchase order.  So I am assuming that you are changing the Purchases Type: up the top left to switch the transaction over to a bill.  If this is the case then there never was a corresponding order created and you directly recorded a Bill based on the order information saved in the recurring transaction.

If the above is true then AccountRight is operating as it normally does.  If you are fine to record Purchase Orders as Bills without converting over from Orders first then you can proceed to record them one after the other via Enter Purchases.  It does this so you can express input a sequence of purchase orders.  You won't be able to keep the Purchases - New Service window open if you modify an existing order and record it as you are altering a single existing purchase rather than inputting them in bulk.

I hope that made sense, let me know if I missed anything?

Regards,
Mat

91 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
bells02au
Experienced Cover User

91Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Banana1

Yes what you are saying makes perfect sense and is essentially what I do.  My issue is that when you (from the Purcahses Module) go to new purchase and then select the supplier it will bring up a list of current Purchase Orders open for that supplier, I then select the relevant PO and either alt-B to turn the order into the bill and correct anything that may not be correct, enter Invoice number and change date if necessary and then record this purchase.  MYOB will then return me straight to the Command  Centre and not keep me in the New Purchases screen.  Just makes it very annoying when I am processing 100 Invoices to keep going back to the Command Centre.

Valued Cover User Banana1
137 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Banana1
Valued Cover User

137Posts

92Kudos

25Solutions

@bells02au,

Oh okay - understand how you are processing those Orders into Bills.  As the current method you are using results in you closing the New Service window to open the existing order, it might be easier for you to instead open up the Purchases Register.  From the Purchases Register navigate to the Orders tab and use the Search By: field up the top to select the supplier.  From here you can either open up the order and then hit the [Bill] button/press Alt+B to convert it over or simply press the [Change to Bill] button on the register to convert it over, bring up the New Service window and record it.  This will keep you on Purchase Register > Order ready to process another transaction.

I imagine the reason why doesn't just skip to the next bill via the method you are using is because it would be quite easy to accidentally convert over orders that weren't ready to convert to bills.

I hope this helps you in converting those bills over quicker.

Regards,
Mat

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post