Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
As part of our software solution we provide our clients with the ability to export their sales invoices to MYOB.
Some of our clients have the following issue. Whilst they import multiple invoices (contained within the 1 import file) into MYOB, the MYOB import log shows the error code -190 for some of the line items.
I have checked with our clients the following:
- Whilst importing sales invoices, they only match their customers on 'Co./Last Name' and not on Card ID or Record ID.
- We compared the company names between the import file and the MYOB customer card files to ensure they were identical (e.g. no extra spaces, proper casing, etc etc)
Some of our clients indicated that it all seemed to work before a recent MYOB upgrade. But that could just be concindental (and a red herring).
Attached a sample import file. Any pointers would be much appreciated, as I am currently lost as to what to check next.
PS: My apologies if I don't have the MYOB terminology down pat, as I am not a MYOB guru.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge
I don't know if its the way in which the actual txt file was downloaded on my computer but it appeared for me not have a blank line between the data, thus appeared to be all one record. I would make sure that you have entered a blank line between the transactions if you haven't already done so.
You also have a space in the First Name field, I would remove that so the import file is like the following:
Company ABC,,X,22408,21-Jul-16,43000,88.00,96.80, ,GST,8.80,7 days after EOM
If you are still having trouble with importing those transations I would be interested to get a screenshot of a Customer's Card and the corresponding error log that is generated when you are trying to import that data so we can investigate further
Not sure why you couldn't see blank lines in your dowloaded file. It be to do with the fact that I am using a linux based dev box, which could have stripped the CR (0x0D) chars from the txt file.
Anywyay, I've changed our code base to generate a file format inline with your comments. (Ie, remove single spaces, between 2 delimiters and use of proper CR, LF chars to support Windows txt files). A sample is in the attached file. Note that I haven't tested this file at a customer site yet.
I did notice on this forum that some MYOB customers use import files where the recommended blank lines just contain the delimiters. So that is what I have done. Would that be correct? Or should I just introduce a single empty line?
Will let you know if this resolves the issue at some of our client sites.
Thanks for your help,
Have a quick look at the file, I would assume AccountRight will think the file is one transaction, due to the fact that you have added commas or 'sperators' between the transaction lines.
Co./Last Name, First Name, Inclusive, Invoice #, Date, Account #, Amount, Inc-Tax Amount, Journal Memo, Tax Code, GST Amount, Terms - Payment is Due Company ABC,,X,59994,18/08/2016,41500,502.80,553.08,Alexandria Store,GST,50.28,7 days after EOM ,,,,,,,,,, Company ABC,,X,59997,18/08/2016,41500,130.40,143.44,Bankstown Store,GST,13.04,7 days after EOM
Personally i would be doing the following
Co./Last Name, First Name, Inclusive, Invoice #, Date, Account #, Amount, Inc-Tax Amount, Journal Memo, Tax Code, GST Amount, Terms - Payment is Due Company ABC,,X,59994,18/08/2016,41500,502.80,553.08,Alexandria Store,GST,50.28,7 days after EOM Company ABC,,X,59997,18/08/2016,41500,130.40,143.44,Bankstown Store,GST,13.04,7 days after EOM
I've adjusted your text file as well, which is attached.
Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.
Removing the white space chars from the blank fields (ie ', ,' -> ',,') seemed to have done the trick.
MyOB must treat these white space chars as non-empty and then try to match a customer on a Co./Last Name and First Name basis.
Thanks for your help Steven