Error -190: Customer not found. Sale invoice not imported.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing User luukh
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error -190: Customer not found. Sale invoice not imported.

Hi,

As part of our software solution we provide our clients with the ability to export their sales invoices to MYOB. 

Some of our clients have the following issue. Whilst they import multiple invoices (contained within the 1 import file) into MYOB, the MYOB import log shows the error code -190 for some of the line items.

I have checked with our clients the following:

- Whilst importing sales invoices, they only match their customers on 'Co./Last Name' and not on Card ID or Record ID.

- We compared the company names between the import file and the MYOB customer card files to ensure they were identical (e.g. no extra spaces, proper casing, etc etc)

Some of our clients indicated that it all seemed to work before a recent MYOB upgrade. But that could just be concindental (and a red herring).

Attached a sample import file. Any pointers would be much appreciated, as I am currently lost as to what to check next.

Cheerio,

Luuk

PS: My apologies if I don't have the MYOB terminology down pat, as I am not a MYOB guru.

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,953 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,953Posts

4,408Kudos

4,781Solutions

Re: Error -190: Customer not found. Sale invoice not imported.

Hi @luukh

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

I don't know if its the way in which the actual txt file was downloaded on my computer but it appeared for me not have a blank line between the data, thus appeared to be all one record. I would make sure that you have entered a blank line between the transactions if you haven't already done so.

You also have a space in the First Name field, I would remove that so the import file is like the following:

Company ABC,,X,22408,21-Jul-16,43000,88.00,96.80, ,GST,8.80,7 days after EOM

If you are still having trouble with importing those transations I would be interested to get a screenshot of a Customer's Card and the corresponding error log that is generated when you are trying to import that data so we can investigate further

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User luukh
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Steven,

Not sure why you couldn't see blank lines in your dowloaded file. It be to do with the fact that I am using a linux based dev box, which could have stripped the CR (0x0D) chars from the txt file.

Anywyay, I've changed our code base to generate a file format inline with your comments. (Ie, remove single spaces, between 2 delimiters and use of proper CR, LF chars to support Windows txt files). A sample is in the attached file. Note that I haven't tested this file at a customer site yet.

I did notice on this forum that some MYOB customers use import files where the recommended blank lines just contain the delimiters. So that is what I have done. Would that be correct? Or should I just introduce a single empty line?

Will let you know if this resolves the issue at some of our client sites.

Thanks for your help,

Luuk

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,953 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,953Posts

4,408Kudos

4,781Solutions

Hi @luukh

Have a quick look at the file, I would assume AccountRight will think the file is one transaction, due to the fact that you have added commas or 'sperators' between the transaction lines.

Co./Last Name, First Name, Inclusive, Invoice #, Date, Account #, Amount, Inc-Tax Amount, Journal Memo,  Tax Code, GST Amount, Terms - Payment is Due
Company ABC,,X,59994,18/08/2016,41500,502.80,553.08,Alexandria Store,GST,50.28,7 days after EOM
Company ABC,,X,59997,18/08/2016,41500,130.40,143.44,Bankstown Store,GST,13.04,7 days after EOM

Personally i would be doing the following 

Co./Last Name, First Name, Inclusive, Invoice #, Date, Account #, Amount, Inc-Tax Amount, Journal Memo,  Tax Code, GST Amount, Terms - Payment is Due
Company ABC,,X,59994,18/08/2016,41500,502.80,553.08,Alexandria Store,GST,50.28,7 days after EOM

Company ABC,,X,59997,18/08/2016,41500,130.40,143.44,Bankstown Store,GST,13.04,7 days after EOM

I've adjusted your text file as well, which is attached.

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User luukh
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Steven, Will adjust and get back to you. Cheerio, Luuk
Highlighted
Contributing User luukh
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Steven,

Removing the white space chars from the blank fields (ie ', ,' -> ',,') seemed to have done the trick.

MyOB must treat these white space chars as non-empty and then try to match a customer on a Co./Last Name and First Name basis.

Thanks for your help Steven

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post