Error -242: More than 1 customer found. Sale invoice not imported.

Highlighted
MYOBMarc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error -242: More than 1 customer found. Sale invoice not imported.

Hi Team,

I have read all the similar posts about this error.  

It should be noted I am trying to import multiple SERVICE sales items on MYOB.

I went through all the motions, of dealing with just the first line being uploaded, then all the invoices but only under one transaction etc. etc. 

I feel like I am almost there except now I get the same repeat error "-242 'more than one customer found' and '1 record skipped'.

I have tried inserting a blank line between each transaction etc. nothing seems to work. 

I can upload one invoice at a time (using the import function) but of course this defeats the purpose of conveniently importing bigger batches. 

I have attached my excel file. Prior to importing I would save a copy in tab delimited txt file.

I have also attached the error importlog. I changed the details for confidentiality. 

Please any support would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error -242: More than 1 customer found. Sale invoice not imported.

Hello @MYOBMarc 

Thanks for bringing your issue to the community forums.  I hope you will find plenty of great information and assistance here from the collective knowledge of the community and MYOB help articles.

I tried replicating your issue and believe that the reason you are seeing the error message is because you potentially have 2 cards with the same name.  See my screenshot for an example.  The first sample file was successfully imported and then I created a new card with the same name "INception" and tried another import and threw the error code.

Two Customers Same Name.png

I would check to see if you have duplicate names in your card files and look to check if there is any card that this is not relevant to and renaming.

AccountRight is throwing the error message because it cannot tell with absolute certainty which of the 2 same named accounts the service sale applies to.

Hope that help explain your error and if this has helped solve your issue kindly consider marking this post as a solution to aid others in finding answers when encountering the same error message.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOBMarc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response. 

I see what you are saying. I think because of how the old MYOB worked we had setup 3 different cards all using the same name. One to deal with customer paying in EUR, one to deal with customer paying in AUD and one for USD. 

Under the new account right should we still have 3 seperate cards under the same name? Or are you suggesting we only need 1 card with that customer, and then obviously we just ensure correct currency code is pulled through on the upload to MYOB. 

If we do only keep one card open, when we generate reports would a different line item for "Inception" be shown for the different currencies in our receivables for example? 

Kind regards, 

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @MYOBMarc 

If you are wanting to retain the company name across cards, one thing you could do is to choose to match by another field that isn't Company Name/number.  AccountRight gives you 3 options for matching when importing.

If you are not wanting the name conflict error to throw, you could consider using the alternative options and including that information during import.

Hope that helps

MATCH BY.png

CARD ID.png

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOBMarc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Andrew,

I used the CARD ID to distinguish between customer cards. 

This seems to have fixed our issue. 

So wherever we have a customer that we invoice in several different currencies, the best way to tell the upload feature which customer to use, is to ensure we have a Card ID column included on our txt. doc and as long as that matches the relevant MYOB card we will be able to communicate with MYOB. 

Thanks Andrew, appreciate the assistance, we are slowly working towards using the upload feature more and slowly we are getting to an efficient level on that end. 

Thanks again, 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post