Error Messages

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,755 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,755Posts

2,111Kudos

388Solutions

Re: Error Messages

Hi @binholden

Just to add to exporting/importing issues as mentioned by @IanChait, while MYOB allows you to export Open Invoices (as opposed to all Invoices), it won't let you export just 'open' Orders, Quotes or Credit Notes. It's all or nothing - and there is a bug with the Credit Notes export.

So if for example you have 10000 orders in the system and 9950 have been converted to an Invoice (and are therefore hidden and do not show under the Orders tab of the Register) when you export Orders, MYOB will give you all 10000. There is no easy way to identify the 50 you actually need to re-import. Same issue with Quotes and Credit Invoices. These are design issues not bugs, however they make the 'just create a new file' solution very challenging.

Regards

Gavin

Experienced Cover User binholden
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

30Kudos

1Solutions

I have had my file purged and it is now 179 MB

Although the frequency of the errors has decreased, they are still happening with the "Out of Memory" reference.

I have attached the errorLogs I have received since I had the file purged.

There has to be a way to fix this, it is driving me crazy.

Highlighted
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,755 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,755Posts

2,111Kudos

388Solutions

Hi @binholden

Not sure about the InvalidOperationException, however there is little a user can do about the 'System.OutOfMemoryException' - only MYOB can fix this.

Irrespective of how much RAM you have installed, Windows can only allocate a max 2GB to each 32 bit process (Huxley is 32 bit), after allowing for software (Huxley etc) on most systems this leaves around 1.2 to 1.3 GB. This is plenty and should never cause any issues. However AR2018 has some serious memory management issues, some developer posts refer to 'memory leaks' - not sure of correct term. However one way or another AR2018 soon uses up all available memory and then crashes with 'System.OutOfMemoryException' .

I have seen a company file under 30 MB exhaust 1.3 GB of memory generating a report, now even if the entire data file was loaded 40 times, you should still have enough memory.

Some suggestions to minimise 'System.OutOfMemoryException':

• Close Report Index after each report and re-open if you need a new report. Generating report after report will crash your system
  • If about to generate a large report, log out and log back in an do the report first thing.
  • Regularly close back to each Command Centre
  • If errors continue, log out and log back in regularly.

Not very practical however it is all we can do.

I open Task Manager > Process tab and change the View to include Working Set (Memory) and Peak Working Set (Memory) - and monitor Huxley.Application.exe. If I open a file, my Working Set is around 400 MB as soon as the file is open. Open and then close several existing invoices and Working Set goes up to 530 MB. After a while you will work out when MYOB is about to crash, or what steps (closing back to a command Centre) gets the memory back down to around 500 MB.

Regards

Gavin

Experienced Cover User binholden
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

30Kudos

1Solutions

All I am doing is entering invoices with the Sales Register open.

I hope there will be a fix in the next update as this is getting infuriating.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post