Error Messages

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Error Messages

At least once a day MYOB is getting an error message and having to close down.

Today's error message is: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException

One of yesterday's error messages mentioned something about System Out of Memory or something like that.

This is starting to become extremely annoying.

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Error Messages

This seems to happen when I am entering a lot of invoices.

I like to minimise the number of invoices I send out for each customer and have a tendency to add more items to invoices I have already started.

MYOB seems to take extra time to record invoices I have added to, over the ones that I freshly start.

Not sure if it is because I am using Windows 7 on my computer.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

374Posts

70Kudos

55Solutions

Hi @binholden

My apologies for the delay in responding to your first post. 

I have found some information regarding the error "System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException". Typically upgrading to the latest version will fix this error. If you have upgraded and it continues, please have a look at the instruction I have attached below that steps through how to fix this. 

How to fix error system.data.sqlserverCe.sqlCeException

The SystemoutofMemory error is a bit vaguer and hard to pinpoint exactly where it originates from. Typically we see this error more in larger files where the computer is struggling to process the information required. Doing multiple invoices at once can contribute to this. It would be worth trying smaller batches to test if this error continues to occur

I've also seen this error when AccountRight is being interrupted by programs such as antivirus/firewall running periodic scans. 

Also, if you can upload your error log in your next post, we can investigate this further. The log will have more detail regarding these errors. 

To find the Diagnostic Log:

1. Open your Start Menu

2. Type: %localappdata%

3. Open the %localappdata% folder:

temp.png

4. Open the MYOB Folder.

5. Open the AccountRight Folder.

6. Open the Diagnostics Folder.

7. Copy the Huxley.Application_xxxx.log file to your Desktop to get to it easier.

Please let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Dave-P,

I just tried looking for the error log but there is no such thing in my computer.

Could this be because I am still on Windows 7?

I tried to send the error message today when it came up but it said my Outlook is not up to date but I checked and there are no updates outstanding.

Is there a problem with Microsoft Outlook 16 and MYOB, although it sends invoices and statements without any problems.

Thx

Binholden

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

374Posts

70Kudos

55Solutions

Hi @binholden

The first step will be slightly different but the rest will be the exact same. Can you please try the following;

1. On your keyboard, hold down the windows button and the letter R

2. In the box that appears type in %localappdata% and click enter

4. Open the MYOB Folder.

5. Open the AccountRight Folder.

6. Open the Diagnostics Folder.

7. Copy the Huxley.Application_xxxx.log file to your Desktop to get to it easier.

It is a little strange that AccountRight can send invoices but not be able to send the error log. If Accountright and Outlook are unable to communicate properly, it would be most likely due to windows updates not being installed. This is more common on older versions of Windows such as 7. You can check for windows updates in Control Panel>>>System and Security>>> Windows updates. 

Please let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Good morning Dave-P,

I have attached a copy of the list of files in the Diagnostics Folder that opened when I did as you asked.

My system is set to check for and carry out updates at 10 pm every night, although for some reason it won't let me check for updates now.

Thank you

Binholden

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

374Posts

70Kudos

55Solutions

Hi @binholden

I just want to check if this has been resolved since the windows updates? If you are still receiving those error messages can you please let me know.

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Good afternoon Dave-P

I was away yesterday and so am playing catchup again with invoices so will know by the end of the day where we stand.

I will let you know.

Thanks

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Good afternoon Dave-P,

Definitely not fixed.

I have attached the errorLog and the screenshots when I tried to send the file to MYOB stating it can't happen with the old version of Outlook eventhough there are no issues sending invoices and statements via email.

Thank you

Binholden

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,310 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,310Posts

1,065Kudos

901Solutions

Hi @binholden

Thank you for providing the log, the reason for the email errors is due to the software trying to send an email to using MAPI. Though this will be completely unrelated to your actual problem.

As we're getting System.OutOfMemoryException's, this typically occurs when the software reaches a specific point where it's maxed out it's resources. It is only a single thread 32-bit application and there are restrictions with what it can take built in. Though this can also be the case if there are minimal resources.

It is designed only to take a specific percentage of your available resources and if that's not available, you will get the same error you're presenting.

Though this issue can happen for other reasons, such as 3rd party applications interfering in an operation or issues similar to a Timeout error. You can prevent the software from being interrupted by looking at the methods found in this support note: Speed and performance tips

That being said, I'd like to learn a little about the environment you are working on. Would you be able to share a screenshot of your System Properties?

To get there, you can either use the Keyboard Shortcut: Windows + Pause/Break

Or you can go to:

1. Start Menu
  2. Right click computer on right-hand side.
  3. Click Properties from the Context Menu

I would like to see what your main computer system is like, so please send us a screenshot that has your Processor and Memory (RAM) in full view if possible.

I have systems with only 2GB of Memory present this occasionally and that could help explain a few things, though to be certain of this we can have a look here.

Please let us know the findings.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | In Tray (Server)
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post