Error Messages

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,309 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,309Posts

1,573Kudos

1,880Solutions

Re: Error Messages

Hi @binholden

Within AccountRight 201X the only way to reduce the size of the file is to remove information from it. The starting of a new file and using the exporting / importing method of bringing information across from a specific date is really the only way to reduce the size of the file.

Depending on your licence, you could look at restoring a backup of the current file and then using a new file from a specific point in time. This would allow you to retain all historical records, although it would mean if you did need to view historical records then you would need to open up the backup file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Good afternoon Hayden_B,

How do I go about exporting all the data back to a certain date, so I can set up a new company file that will not continue to crash at least once a day?

Thank you

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,309 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,309Posts

1,573Kudos

1,880Solutions

Hi @binholden

This would be done by going to File >> Import / Export Assistant. Within this window you can export out most information from your file, and if it is transactional information then generally there is a date filter for the transactions that you want to export out.

Please note that certain information, like payroll information and bank reconciliations cannot be exported or imported. These sorts of transactions will need to be entered into the new file manually as they cannot be imported.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you Neil_M,

I do understand how to import/export, as we currently do it monthly, I am just a bit hesitant about what information I can lose with the process of doing the entire file back to a certain date.

I am only using debtors so no need to worry about the things that can't be exported/imported.

If I emport/import closed sales, will the payments and credit allocations come with them, or do I need to do them separately.

To do this, I need to do in minimum steps, but our file is just too big and causing lots of issues in speed and crashing.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,309 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,309Posts

1,573Kudos

1,880Solutions

Hi @binholden

When you export a particular type of transaction, say Service sales, only those sales are exported. Related transactions, like payments, are not included as they are a different type of transactions and would need to be exported separately

That said as this is a big job, you may want to contact your local MYOB partner. Our MYOB partners offer a range of services so some of them may be able to do this for you or provide you assistance with doing this yourself

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Neil_M,

Who would the local partner for Mudgee NSW be?

Mudgee is a regional town 4 hours from Sydney and 4 hours from Newcastle.

Thank you

Binholden

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,309 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,309Posts

1,573Kudos

1,880Solutions

Hi @binholden

If you were unsure of who your local MYOB Partner was, you can click the local MYOB Partner link in my previous message. This will bring you to our Partner search site which will allow you to enter in your suburb or post code and view all MYOB Partners in your area.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

I have contacted my local partner and we have decided to try to purge the file.

Is there a way to purge a MYOB File in Accountright 2018?

We looked and couldn't find one, I closed the financial year and said to remove audit trails, but nothing changed.

There is an option to pay someone to do it, but I was wondering if there was a way to get the system to do it.

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,193 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,193Posts

2,271Kudos

442Solutions

Hi @binholden

Unfortunately MYOB decided AR2018 did not need a purge function, so it was not included.

I am aware of a 3rd party that had a purge service for myox files (AR2018), can be costly though. Send me a private message if you want the contact info.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,135 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,135Posts

797Kudos

204Solutions

Hi @binholden

I have read through this thread. Exporting and importing data can be a nightmare. You would need to export Cards, Inventory, Open Invoices, Closed Invoices, Orders etc. While you export out perfectly good data, the import can be prone with errors.

I suggest you contact @gavin12345 as per his post.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post