Error Messages

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Error Messages

System Window attached

System Info.png
Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,303 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,303Posts

1,059Kudos

900Solutions

Hi @binholden

Thank you for the screenshot on this, I can see that your processor is certainly up to the task. Your Memory is on the average end of capacity and some modern programs can push your consumed memory to be greater than needed and so AccountRight can crash.

Can I ask if there are any patterns in the day when this error occurs?

For example, if you have Google Chrome or Outlook open at the same time? These 2 programs can be notorious for consuming memory and as AccountRight pushes to take a percentage, that memory might not be available anymore and it does not "Claim" it as it will let go if another program begins executing or throttling.

You can measure your memory usage by program in the Task Manager's Performance Tab.

temp.PNG

I would be interested to know what this shows at the time the software throws this error.

That being said, before getting sidetracked on that. I would like to know if we re-add the exclusions into your Anti-Virus and other software packages (Such as auto-backup programs, including OneDrive or Dropbox), would this help.

Please let us know your findings.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | In Tray (Server)
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Good morning Hayden_B,

I always have Microsoft Outlook running in the background, but I am usually not using Chrome at the time of the crashes.

They usually occur after I have done a large amount of entries.

Apparently my file is rather large, which Dave_P seemed to think could be a contributing factor but I really don't want to export my entire file and then re-import it into a new company file to get the file size down, I have trouble believing this can be done without losing some important information.

The crash may happen again this afternoon after I have done a large number of entries, so I can do a screenshot of processes at that time.

Thank you

Binholden

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Just had another error on receipt printing screen.

I opened a payment and changed the date before printing a receipt and the program crashed.

Tried sending the Error Message but this time outlook had a problem with it.

Error Log attached.

Sorry forgot to check processess screen.

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,303 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,303Posts

1,059Kudos

900Solutions

Hi @binholden

Thank you for getting back to us with the Log.

I can see there is an "Access is Denied" message here. This typically refers to when some application external to MYOB has stopped it from completing it's task. This can occur when there is an aggressive Anti-Virus stopping AccountRight from working in some cases.

I would be double checking that AccountRight is excluded in any Anti-Virus or Auto-Backup program by looking at the details in this support note: Speed and performance tips

The issues here may have multiple culprits however as this was not a "Out of Memory" error like before.

Please let us know if that support note helps you in this case.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Previously Worked On:

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

My latest error text file is attached.

I am looking at moving to the cloud, would we still have the same issues in the cloud?

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,303 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,303Posts

1,059Kudos

900Solutions

Hi @binholden

Out of curiosity, how has the travelling been between July and now with the software? Where you still receiving problems though now have time to look into it again or has it been "smooth sailing" for lack of a better term.

That error is consistent with the others with "Out of memory" which suggests the software is simply just having issues with Memory Allocation which could either it's a software error or a environment-based issue and it depends on usage.

I'd like to know if it's kicked up a stink after a period of working as this could mean something we can focus right now. Please do let me know.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Previously Worked On:

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Good afternoon Hayden_B,

I have had 5 weeks off and someone else has been doing the data entry.

I believe there have been issues but nothing has been noted.

Today I have done minimal data entry as I am looking up information while chasing accounts in arrears.

As asked previously, would this continue in the cloud if we were to move to the cloud?

Thank you

@binholden

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,303 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,303Posts

1,059Kudos

900Solutions

In short: when using the Cloud it would constantly be sending and receiving data to the file online rather than local and is generally slower being on the Cloud (Being online) than being local.

If the issues persisted then this sounds like it's the Memory Allocation issue I was mentioning before. This can be consistent with larger files (300MB+). To make sure we're narrowing down the exact cause, would you be able to let us know what your file size is?

You can find this out by opening the Library Location on the computer the file is on, a good support note to find this is: Manage libraries

What I'd like to do is make sure I have all the info necessary before recommending anything more. Please let me know what you find.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Previously Worked On:

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

832 MB is the size of the file.

I really don't want to export and import to a new company file as I am sure to lose information doing that.

Is there any other way to minimise the file size?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post