Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Error message- emails not sending

Hi,

I have been regularly emailing my customer her invoice since the start of this function and now have been unable to since November.

There is no error message. I only find out it hasn't sent when I go into "view all activity" on the invoice. There is then an error message "you haven't sent this invoice yet. You need to email this invoice to (customer's name) before you can view it online".

My work around is to go back to the old way of attaching the invoice to an email as a PDF.

I am using AccountRight 2020.4

Please advise what I can do,

Jocelyn

7 REPLIES 7
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,379 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,379Posts

5,347Kudos

5,794Solutions

Re: Error message- emails not sending

Hi @Lahay 

The View All Activity function is available for invoices that you have emailed online when you have the Emailing preference enabled  - Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Send Emails Using AccountRight.  These invoices can be emailed through the Print/Email Invoices window or via the Send to>>Email function from within the Enter Sales window. As with all emails when that emailing option is enabled, the record of that invoice will appear in the Sent Emails window (bottom of the Command Centre). The Sent Emails window will show the status of that email including if the email was rejected - more information on the Sent Emails window can be found on Help Article: Track email delivery status.

If you are finding an email not sending to a recipient or it isn't arriving at the recipient's end, sending the email to the different email would be your first port of call as a test. This will see if the email system is sending that email to the new email address. If it is sending to that other email address I would make sure that the email is not appearing in the Junk or Spam folder at the recipient's end.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Lahay
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply but I have already checked everything you have suggested (your advice should have read Setup>preferences>EMAILING Smiley Happy )

I have checked that emailing is still enabled in setup.

I have checked whether the invoices were sent (they were not nor rejected).

I have tried sending to my own email addresses- didn't send.

I have been emailing my invoices since the start of this option, using the send to> email function and never had a problem until last month. I'm not sure if this coincides with the last update?

Regards,

Jocelyn

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,379 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,379Posts

5,347Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @Lahay 

Not sending to any email address, such as your own/internal email address, sounds a bit odd. Does the invoice print successfully? Does it generate a PDF of the invoice if you select the Send to... Disk functionality?

If it does generate a copy of the invoice through printing/saving to disk, are you attempting to email that invoice using a customised form or the default form i.e. does the pre-printed or plain paper style form send those emails/invoices? If so, try opening your customise form and re-saving it under a different name (use a name without special characters i.e. ( $ & @ < { ... ) before attempting to send using those emails using that new form. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Lahay
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your help.

The invoices print successfully and can also be saved and sent as a PDF. That is, I save to disk and then email this as an attachment through Outlook. This is how I've been emailing invoices for the last couple of months.

I am using a item- plain paper form. My invoice name (Lahay Invoice Template) doesn't have any characters.

I have not changed anything with this invoice template, so am not sure what could have caused this to suddenly stop emailing.

Thanks,

Jocelyn

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,379 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,379Posts

5,347Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @Lahay 

Based on what you are describing it sounds like a form problem rather than an issue with the online emailing system itself. My recommendation would be to go to:

1. Generate an invoice
  2. Navigate to Send to>>Email...
  3. Update the email address to be your own email address or a temporary email address
  4. In the Selected Form: field select the default form like Pre-printed
  5. Send Email

Does that email get received at the recipient's end? If so, it is likely that the customise form that is being used has space at the start of the customise form name and re-saving that form under a new name, ensuring no space has been added, should resolve that for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Lahay
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I have tried your solution below with no luck, using several different email addresses as recipients and using pre-printed form.

When I check the online activity, I am still getting the original error message that the email hasn't been sent.

I'm not sure how the name of the form can be the problem, as this is the same invoice template/name I have used for years and has not been changed/edited to cause this problem to start.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,379 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,379Posts

5,347Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @Lahay 

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you in regards to your enquiry.

We did encounter a situation with our Online Emailing system which would have prevented those emails from sending. So I wonder if you can complete that test process with the Pre-printed form again to see if you can get those emails sent directly to yourself.

I also want to address what we are trying to achieve with this testing. With AccountRight 2020.3 and later versions, we encountered issues where the customise form name has started with a space impacting the ability for an invoice using that form to be sent out, regardless of whether it was sent out in the past. The testing we are trying to achieve is to rule out the customise form being a problem, by using a default form we are trying to eliminate factors and known issues before we look further.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post