Error trying to delete payment to incorrect invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
artland
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error trying to delete payment to incorrect invoice

HI

I am trying to delete a payment I allocated to an incorrect invoice.  I have been able to delete these payments in the past but I am now getting an error 'Something Went Wrong' (copy attached).  I have 3 transactions I need to delete.  I called the MYOB Support number on 2 April 2022 and waited for 1 hour and 22 minutes (see attached) for my call to be answered only to be disconnected.  I then rang back and waited over an hour for a staff member to answer my call. I explained the issue and was then sent a link to the online help on how to delete a transaction.  I had already tried this and it did not work.  I was then put on hold for 30 minutes whilst the staff member asked for assistance with his team members.  He then asked me to try to delete the transaction as per the instructions which I did and got the same error.  He then advised a ticket would need to be raised for the issue and I would be notified within 2 weeks.  It has now been over 4 weeks and I have not had a response.  I need the issue to be resolved as the EOFY is fast approaching and I am unable to finalise transactions.   I would appreciate some assistance to resolve this issue. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,855 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,855Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Re: Error trying to delete payment to incorrect invoice

Hi @artland , welcome to the forum.  Another method is to reverse the payment, not sure if you have tried that.  

To do this,  go to setup,  preferences,  security,  and tick the option to make transactions unchangeable. Then bring up the payment, select edit,  reverse this payment. Then create a new payment. The first two will cancel each other out. 

Then reset the preferences. 

If reversing the payment gives the same error then the file will need a repair. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @artland,

Thank you for your post, however, sorry to hear your issue is still unresolved.

If you have also tried the helpful steps by @Mike_James, and the issue is persisting - could you please send me a private message with the below details so we can investigate this further?

• Serial number
  • Business file name
  • Screenshot of the payment in question 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

artland
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike

When I click on Private Message it just takes me to this page and when I click on Start a Post it takes me to Community Forum.  I am unsure how to send the Private Message - can you please help.  I am trying to call Support again but just get sent a Help page link (for the wrong issue) and then hung up on. Very frustrating....

artland
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Mike.  I am trying to follow your instructions but am unable to locate where to go to find Set Up to get to preferences since the latest updates.  I have rung MYOB support but that is proving to be a difficult question for them to answer.  Any ideas?

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,855 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,855Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @artland , can you confirm the program and version you are using, and if it's AccountRight, are you using the desktop program or the browser?

In AccountRight, Setup is an option on the menu bar at the top of the screen.

If you selected the private message link is SamR's message, it should open a message to SamR.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post