Error when entering new cards from sales/purchases/ spend/receive money windows, and crashing when entering new cards

Trusted User Acu-ease
30 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Acu-ease
Trusted User

30Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Error when entering new cards from sales/purchases/ spend/receive money windows, and crashing when entering new cards

When I try to create a new card while entering a sale/purchase/spend/receive money transaction, instead of bringing up a blank card, it brings up the first card on the list (the first one starting with A). If I were to proceed, I would be overwriting the other card. In v19, it was easy to enter new cards from transaction windows. Now I have to go to Cards first every time I find that the customer/supplier is not in the system yet. It's really annoying and time consuming.

Additionally, the software crashes about every 5th new card I enter.

Can this be fixed asap please?

I am using AccountRight Premium offline.

Thanks,

Annette

13 REPLIES 13
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1152Posts

139Kudos

148Solutions

Re: Error when entering new cards from sales/purchases/ spend/receive money windows, and crashing when entering new cards

Hi @Acu-ease 

Thanks for your post.  Are you getting any error messages when it is crashing? Is it crashing at the same point or during different tasks you're working on? 

Can you list the steps you're completing when adding the card from the transaction window? This can help me recreate it on my end. 

Let me know how you're going with this and I'll further assist. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted User Acu-ease
30 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Acu-ease
Trusted User

30Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Error when entering new cards from sales/purchases/ spend/receive money windows, and crashing when entering new cards

Hi Theresa

I'll let you know about the error message next time it crashes.

When adding a card from the transaction window, here is an example of the steps:

1. open Spend Money

2. enter supplier name into the Card field

3. the dropdown menu comes up empty, so I click New... at the bottom

4. ARP opens the first supplier card with the same first letter (in this case it was O, but frequently it brings up A); it also fills the information for that card into the transaction window.

Regards,

Annette

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1152Posts

139Kudos

148Solutions

Hi @Acu-ease 

Thanks, do let me know if another error message pops up.  For the other issue, I've tried recreating it on my software and it is not happening so we might have to dig further. 

If you're using 'Receive payments' or 'Enter Sales' there should be an 'Easy Add' button to quickly add the new card.  Even when in 'Spend/Receive Money' if you enter in the supplier name it should only have their name entered when you click 'New'.  So since this is happening for you, can you try to clear your AccountRight cache.  This stores some data shortcuts that sometimes causes things to act a bit strange.  Let me know if it's still happening after you clear the cache. 

Keep me posted on how it's going.  If your inquiry resolves please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this post and information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted User Acu-ease
30 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Acu-ease
Trusted User

30Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Theresa

I've gone to the page with instructions about clearing the cache, but it doesn't show all the steps (only up to step 4). I've had a look to see if I can find the cache folder. Would it be this one?

companyFileCache_Leading_Insights_Pty_Ltd.cache

Thanks,

Annette

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1152Posts

139Kudos

148Solutions

Hi @Acu-ease 

Not sure why it's cutting it off so I'll just send a copy of the steps.  You're clearing everything in the folder. 

Untitled9.png

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted User Acu-ease
30 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Acu-ease
Trusted User

30Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks Theresa.

I've played around with it after clearing the cache, and it appears to have resolved the issue. I'll monitor it for a few days and see if it says that way.

It still puts the details for the first card with the same letter in the transaction window (which is a bit weird), but it brings up an empty card now and then replaces the details in the transaction window with the new ones, after I've created the new card.

Regards,

Annette

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1152Posts

139Kudos

148Solutions

Hi @Acu-ease 

Wonderful! I'm glad its working now. 

If this resolves your inquiry, even after monitoring it for a few days, please mark 'Accept as Solution' so other users with this question can find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted User Acu-ease
30 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Acu-ease
Trusted User

30Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Theresa

It's doing it again Smiley Sad

Clearing the cache doesn't seem to be a permanent fix.

Annette

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1152Posts

139Kudos

148Solutions

Hi @Acu-ease 

Are you on version 2019.2 or 2019.2.1?  The compliance update 2019.2.1 fixed a few bugs in the system, it could be the reason this is happening.  Let me know if this works for you. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post