6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error when trying to record a payment using a Personal Card

We run our business through a trust. Occasionally personal payments are taken from the business accounts. When I am trying to record a personal expense via Spend Money using a personal card "Private Drawings" I get this error.

"A Personal card is currently linked to this transaction. You must firstly link a Supplier or Employee card to this transaction before making the transaction an Electronic Payment." 

Firstly I have always record my personal payments this way. This has only started lately. I am not trying to make an Electronic payment and it is not marked as such when I try to process the payment.

Can anyone help with what I am doing differently now to cause this error or is it something that needs to be fixed MYOB's end? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Staff Post
425 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

425Posts

170Kudos

115Solutions

Re: Error when trying to record a payment using a Personal Card

Hello @plumbers-keeper ,

The transactions you are entering is absolutely flawless, what might be causing an issue is that the "Private Drawings" card may be linked as an electronic clearing account.

To rectify the issue, please visit Setup > Linked Accounts > Accounts and Banking Accounts. and change the account for electronic payments to a more suitable/different account than the existing Private Drawings. (in some cases you may benefit from creating a new account called Electronic Clearing Account and using that to replace your existing account)

Please note that the above steps must be done to rectify the issue even if you do not use the Electronic Payments feature within  MYOB.

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post