Exporting Customised Customer List From Card File

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DugIn
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Exporting Customised Customer List From Card File

Hi All again

After yesterday's discussion I was able to pull a list with the discount showing, however, I customised my Card File data, but I am unable to print or export what I can see on the screen, i.e. my customised list. It has the last purchase date which I would like to merge into my Excel file. Any ideas? This is seriously frustrating. 

Part 2 - is when I exported the TXT list, it was not in alpha order, as per the screen, and included Inactive Customers, which I now have to locate  and delete. MYOB Claim Inactive Items do not appear on any report, but they do. 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Exporting Customised Customer List From Card File

Hi @DugIn 

When you export out records using the Export/Import Assistant this will take a snapshot of the data at that time. Changes made to the data both in the export and within the AccountRight file would not directly flow to one another. For example, if you export out the customer cards, update a customer's card name this will not update in the export file. If you do make a change and wish for that flow through to the export data you would be looking at re-exporting the data. 

You also brought up the Card List, you can use the Right-click copy list to Clipboard option to obtain a copy of what appears on screen so it can be pasted in Excel or another application. Note: This would be in the order that appears on screens, which may be different to that export.

The Import/Export Assistant will export all records out of the company file, including inactive cards. Users would need to remove those records from the export file if not required. If you are opening the file in Excel you could filter by the Inactive Card column and easily find those records to remove them. Also, in Excel, you could sort the data to your likely.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

DugIn
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Exporting Customised Customer List From Card File

Stevn_M

Thank you that was most helpful. Still pity this report is not a standard report. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post