Exporting & Importing Items

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
JustUpDated
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Exporting & Importing Items

Our problem we are having is we have currently just had a price increase from one of our major suppliers, and in the past i.e. Version 19.6 all we needed to do was export our items, adjust the pricing on a spreadsheet and import the list back into MYOB.

Since “Up Dating To >> Account Right Live” (only 3 months ago) when we import our adjusted items we now get error messages on 50% of the imported list.

So far MYOB have been unable to fix the problem and have now advised me that all I can do now is enter every item adjustment manually.

With the price of Steel, Fuel, Power etc effecting manufacturing on a regular basis they do not realise how often or pricing need to be changed !!!!!!!!

Has anyone had simular issues ????

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Exporting & Importing Items

I would like to extend to you a very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge. 

I've moved your other post to its own thread, it should make it more visible. But you've created this thread so we'll keep it to this one for now.

Can I please ask you to please post a copy of your import file, and a copy of the error log after importing. Once I see these I can get a better understanding of how to proceed.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @JustUpDated

So after our conversation I'm just updating this thread with some points so others who view this thread can try these things too:

• The error -4077 is an error which we can possibly fix by running an online scrip. If your file is online and you get this error please let us know and we can run the script on an online file. 
  • It is always better to check out your file before importing. This not only speeds up some imports but can get around some other idiosyncrasies with importing into an online file
  • If you are importing a large file and are trying to update many records at once - it's always better to reduce the file size. This not only makes troubleshooting errors easier but may also help avoid timeouts. This goes doubly for importing into an online file

Hope that helps, please do let me know if you need any further assistance at all.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @JustUpDated

As we spoke on the phone I'll leave a final update here just on what to do next.

• When you view the import log when the import has finished, you will have "X Records Imported Without Error", "X Records Imported With Warnings", "X Records Skipped".
  • The "X Records Skipped" are records that were not imported. Just under here you will see a list of errors and warnings (Error -109 and Error 0 for example). The very first column on left hand side of the import log is the error/warning associated with the record. Lines which have the error codes at the start were not imported (i.e. lines starting with -109 toward the bottom of your import log). You will need to check these records. If they need to be updated and weren't you will need to either update them manually, or put them in a separate import file and import just these ones again.
  • Records that were imported with warnings were imported, but there is a warning such as name too long, truncated. If this is a problem you will need to reimport these transactions, otherwise just ignore it.
  • Once the import process has completed and you are satisfied with the result, just head to File->Work Online (Check In), and you will update the online file with what you just imported. If you'd like just make a backup of your file before you check in.

Hope this helps, and if you need any further assistance at all, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
JustUpDated
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stuart

Just to keep you up to date we now have everything up and running.

We did have some pricing errors appear when we did a final check/audit within MYOB after we imported last week but I was able to go back into Excel the following day resort the Items list by Item Number apply the price increase again Import into MYOB again and so far everything appears to be fine.

Once again thanks for your help as I would still be entering the data item by item.

"Stuart you are a legend".

Paul

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post