Exporting reports crashes MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted User harper23
75 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

75Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Exporting reports crashes MYOB

Running Accountright 2014.3 on Windows 10.

Every month I need to put our client contact list on my computer desktop for the others to look at when I am not there to give them client details.

I go to reports -select options I need - wait for it to download - export - pdf - save to desktop and then MYOB goes unresponding and I have to close it and reopen and try again. Usually after a couple of days of trying it somehow works.

Very frustrating, how can I get it to work first time and not crash the programme.

I have finally remembered to post this and try to get an answer.

Barbara

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,376Posts

537Kudos

1,151Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Exporting reports crashes MYOB

Hi @harper23,

If it's a large client list, it can take some time to generate the PDF, which at the time that Windows may think the program is not responding, while it's simply too busy to produce the file instead of replying back to Windows. 

Personally I would suggest using the Import/Export function to generate a client list, instead of running the report. Simply go to File > Import/Export Assistant > Export > Card, select a card type > use the default format > select the fields to be included, then select a location to save the exported file to. It will export the contacts as a text file, which can be viewed in Excel. You shall find the export process a lot faster.

Hope this helps, please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted User harper23
75 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

75Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks for reply, we have 2433 customers in this list, don't know if this is too big or not, I do wait for the counter at the bottom to finish loading the report before I try to export it to the desktop.

I have tried your other option of exporting directly, easier yes,  but it is a very messy file, no columns and hard to read. I know it can be formatted but will take hours every month to do.

So if this is the way to do it then the guys will just have to lump it. Not really a tick for MYOB again.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,376Posts

537Kudos

1,151Solutions

Hi @harper23,

2433 customers make quite a long list, when you export the report to desktop, it will have to convert the entire list to PDF, which will take some time to do so. If you were working online, it will also be a downloading process as well. 

Using the import/export assistant, the exported file is a text file. If you open it up directly in Notepad, the format is hard to read. However, you can open it in Excel, either by dragging the text file to an already opened Excel spreadsheet, or use File > Open within Excel to open it, which will be sorted properly in columns, available for further customisation:

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post