Finance Charge - Late Payment Fee Incorrectly Generated

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nooch1960
Trusted Cover User
32 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

32Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Finance Charge - Late Payment Fee Incorrectly Generated

Hi 

Looking for an explanation as to why a Lay Payment fee (Finance Charge) of $30 was generated for a Late Payment, when it should not have.

My Customer made a short payment on the previous month as there was an oversight that cost had increased.

I dont not charge the customer for Late Payments, however MYOB authmatically generated the Finance Charge on receiving  payment for this month and the overdue payment of the previous month.

The Customer card is set up to charge 0% on late payments, so the Fee / Finance Charge should amount to nothing, $0.00
I have attached a screen capture of the Finance Charge Generated and the Customer Card File, showing 0.0% Late fee

As this is a rare occurence of late payment, it is unlikely that the problem will re-occur anytime soon
Looking for an explanation. Is there perhaps a bug in the product?

I had to reverse the Late Fee, to ensure the books were back in order and that the Customer was not charged.

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 2.33.16 pm.png
2 REPLIES 2
PriyaSelvaraj
MYOB Moderator
311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

311Posts

50Kudos

16Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Finance Charge - Late Payment Fee Incorrectly Generated

Hi @nooch1960 ,

Thanks for your post.

Based on the information and screenshot provided, the possibility of this occurrence would be via the receive payment screen.

Eg; If the customer payment received was more than invoiced amount ,it could have ended up in finance charge. please refer to the screenshot

Receive Payments window with finance charge highlighted

The help article Finance charges paid by customers - MYOB AccountRight - MYOB Help Centre will step you through deleting/reversing the finance charge

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any further details

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj.

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

nooch1960
Trusted Cover User
32 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

32Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Finance Charge - Late Payment Fee Incorrectly Generated

Thanks Priya

Good pick up - There was an error in the Invoice Amount, which I have now rectified

Thanks. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post