Find transactions advanced search - is it no longer searching description fields?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Find transactions advanced search - is it no longer searching description fields?

This is one of those things we're you're sure you used to be able to do something but now you can't, and you wonder whether it ever was possible, or if you just remember it incorrectly.

In the Find Transactions/Advanced screen, I'm sure I used to be able to type text in there that I have typed as a description in a purchase. 

Is my memory wrong, or is this just not working anymore?

If it's stopped working, please tell me it won't take as long to fix as this one: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Report-Job-Transactions-Accrual-Allocation-...  Because looking at the comments on that thread, I was already fed up with MYOB back in April 2019 when I worked for a different employer... Should have remembered that when I was looking for a new job. I will next time.

stretchwrap.jpg
stretchwrap2.jpg
stretchwrap3.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Find transactions advanced search - is it no longer searching description fields?

Hi @H-TS 

The Memo/Payee function on the Advanced option in the Find Transactions window will search the Memo/Payee of the transaction.  This will NOT search the actual description lines of the transactions. This is not something the current or past versions of the program have been able to do.

The only time that you would get that situation would be if the user manually entered the description into the memo field as well. As it would be included as part of the memo it would be able to be searched for via the Advanced>>Memo/Payee search.

With respect to that Idea you have linked, we don't have any further information relating to the status of that idea at this time.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post