Australia
SLBowden
Partner

40Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Forms: Statements - Statement Ref- always set an invoice number

I have customised the statement to look the way we require but the only item that has me stuck is changing the reference that shows next to a customer payment.

I generate activity statements (using 2018.4) and the PO ref shows as the memo for every invoice - this part is perfect BUT the payment shows a PO for an invoice that was paid.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't worry but when multiple invoices can be paid in one payment it looks **bleep**.

How to I get it show eg Payment from xxxxxxxxxx or received with thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,901 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29901Posts

3667Kudos

4386Solutions

Re: Forms: Statements - Statement Ref- always set an invoice number

Hi @SLBowden

The REF NO/StatementRef column on a statement is the transactional reference number of that particular transaction. For invoices, this would be the invoice number, for payments, it will be the ID number of the payment transaction (top right of the Receive Payments window). If you do need to update that reference number for your statement you would be looking at updating those values when recording the transaction.

The Description part of the statement is the memo of the corresponding transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner SLBowden
40 Posts
Partner
Australia
SLBowden
Partner

40Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Steven, just a little confused, my statement layout is:

Date/ Inv #/ PO Ref/ Invoices/ Payments/ Balance. All invoices when showing on statement are perfect, the payment (when allocated to multiple invoices) shows as eg:

01/01/2019/ Ref used at time of receiveing payment/ then a PO of 1 of the invoices included in the payment/ $of payment. 

It is the PO Ref on the line of the payment I dont wish to have a customer PO Ref for an invoice but rather eg "Payment received". Why does the system use just one customer PO against a payment when it is actually a payment against many invoices.

ABAE statement.jpg
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,901 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29901Posts

3667Kudos

4386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @SLBowden

Just investigating this situation further, the Cust PO No. field will show the customer purchase order number field. For payment transactions, it will be the Customer PO of the first transaction that is being paid off by that payment. 

If you are wishing to have something like "Payment received or Payment; Customer name" you would be looking at adding the description column to that table. This will pull the memo of the transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post