General Journal - Purchases

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MGB2
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

General Journal - Purchases

This is more for the MYOB Software creaters/updaters . When making a General Journal Entry and I am using a recurring Entry, I may need to change the way the item has been paid, everytime I change from one method to another the  Display changes from Purchase to Sale. Can this be fixed please.  e.g. when I change the type of purchase from Visa to Mastercard the display changes from a Purchase to a Sale.

It would be very helpful if this could be fixed.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Re: General Journal - Purchases

Hi @MGB2 

Just to clarify, are you saying that you are entering your purchases via a General Journal entry, rather than using the Purchases module?

Are you reporting GST on a Cash or Accrual basis?

Regards,

AlanT

MGB2
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

G'day AlanT

Yes I am entering our purchases via a General Journal entry.

No we are not reporting GST on Cash or Accrual basis.

MGB2

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Hi @MGB2 

The option to specify if a General Journal transaction is a Sale or Purchase is used to determine how the GST calculations are treated and therefore correctly allocated in the GST reports.

Do you mean that your business is not registered for GST? If that is the case, then I don't believe it would matter which option was used.

Is there a particular reason you are using the General Journal rather than Spend Money in the bank transactions?

Regards,

AlanT

MGB2
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

G'day AlanT

No particular reason for using the General Journal rather than Spend Money, most probably because I was moving from MYOB BusinessBasics v1 to AccountRight , I had to re-enter data from the one program to the other, at that time cheesed off that BusinessBasics could not be continued to be used, MYOB trapping their customers into continual annual subscriptions.

I took the time now and have taught myself "Spend Money".  Having said that, my original request should be considered and amended, if a recurring transaction is used, the Purchase/Sale should stay the same unless changed by the operator.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Hi @MGB2 

As you are now paying the monthly subscription, will you be adding bank feeds?

Regards,

AlanT

MGB2
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

G'day AlanT

No I will not be using bank feeds.

MGB2

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

Hi @MGB2 

Interesting.

Have you looked at this feature and decided that you don't need it or not yet considered it?

I have found it makes life so much easier.  One of my client's is a small investment ledger with only 2 or maybe 4 transactions per month and bank feeds are worthwhile even for that.

Let me know if you would like more details.  Happy to help.

AlanT

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post