General Ledger (detail) report to include GST column

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sylvia900
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

General Ledger (detail) report to include GST column

Hello.  I need to provide financial figures on an expense account that includes the GST included for each item.  I have tried the insert/modify tab but there is not option to include the column for the GST amount.  Can anyone help or suggest a work around please?

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: General Ledger (detail) report to include GST column

Hi @Sylvia900 

The General Ledger Report is designed to show the value that has been recorded against the desired account.

In terms of tax, this is portioned out at the time of recording the transaction and will not go against the allocation account thus will not be shown in the report for that allocation account. For example, say a sales transaction was $110 including GST, AccountRight will record $100 to the income account and $10 to the GST linked account. As the General Ledger report is looking at the values against the account if you look at that income account it will list the value as $100. The GST linked account will show as $10 in the General Ledger report.

In terms of finding a report that will show that information, the information is contained on the General Ledger Detail report, just the other side of the transaction i.e. the bank account. Alternatively, you would be looking at  a report that will show the whole transaction amount such as the Sales Register Detail or Purchase Register Detail or the Bank Register report as an example.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post