11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

HELP - I have emailed an invoice to the wrong customer

I did a test of another sale to myself & then deleted the sale. 

The link to AccountRight still works even after deleting the invoice from MYOB.  Is there anyway to break the link I already sent.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,104 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,104Posts

4,264Kudos

0Solutions

Re: HELP - I have emailed an invoice to the wrong customer

Hi @ckre 

When you send an online invoice that invoice is created in the Invoice Portal. If a change was made to that transaction in AccountRight the Invoice Portal will not have any record of that change until the invoice was emailed again.

The extreme of this would be if you deleted that invoice without zeroing it out/reversing it a generating a credit note to apply back before re-sending, as the invoice would be the Invoice Portal but no transaction in the company file. This will cause the transaction to be locked to the Invoice Portal and thus further action would not be able to be done to clear that invoice.

Ideally, in future, to avoid that situation from occurring you would be reversing the current invoice to generate a credit note and then apply that credit note back to the invoice before re-sending it to the customer/yourself. What this will do is reverse the charges in the company file and updating the Invoice Portal to be $0.00 for that transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post