Help pls.. Add a data field - AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Fridgefx
3 Posts
User
Australia

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Help pls.. Add a data field - AccountRight

Hi, hope someone can help please.

I need to add a 'field' similar to 'Invoice No:' but it will be called 'Branch Code'.  I need to add this info for one only customer, but it changes with each invoice.  I have customized a form but can't seem to add this extra data field so that it appears when I am doing the data entry of all the normal info that appers on an invoice.

Is this possilbe?  Or am I trying to do something that is not available to me on AccountRight (hard copy - not cloud based).

Thanks in advance of some help.  Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Super Partner Jennifer_Kelly
442 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

442Posts

333Kudos

34Solutions

Re: Help pls.. Add a data field - AccountRight

HI @Fridgefx

If you need an additional field on an invoice that can change for each invoice could you possibly use the Customer PO field for that? 

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
Fridgefx
3 Posts
User
Australia

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion but we do use that field now.  Also the client is asking us (and all their contractors) to position it near the invoice number.  I am currently manually adding it to the invoice once I convert it to PDF in a text box. But as this is getting a bit of an issue thought I might see if there was anoth4er way.  Thanks again.

Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,484 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,484Posts

2,269Kudos

539Solutions

@Fridgefx

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

If you want to enter this "Branch Code" when you enter the invoice, then you will need to be prepared to use one of the fields that is already available on the Invoice template for this purpose and rename it on the Custom Invoice.

The logical choice for this is the Comments box as all the other are list and you would need to add to the list every time you change the code. With the Comments you just enter a different code every time.

My suggestion would be to create more than one "Custom Invoice".

One for this particular customer where you modify the invoice so that the comments bax is relabled Branch Code.

And one for everyone else where you leave the comments box as comments.

You then have to choose the new custom Invoice for that customer on their card so that it is used every time for them.

Note the Invoice template when you open Sales new  will still show as Comments you can't change that.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Fridgefx
3 Posts
User
Australia

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi All

Thank you to those that replied in an effort to help my small challenge to add a data field.

I have had success with using the 'Comment' tab whilst in the Comments' and can now select the appropriate one at the invoice creation time.  I also customised the font and style to match the invoice and then I positioned that 'Comment' label just under the 'Invoice number'.

So now when I create the invoice adding the relevant data to charge the client, I select the 'Branch Code' in the Comment tab and it comes up right where the client wanted it, under the invoice number.

Perfect.  Thanks again for the advice.  It helped me to drill in and find just the right way that is best for our system.  Have a great day.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post