Hoping for a call

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BrettP1
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hoping for a call

I have been a long time user of MYOB in various roles and companies for many years.  Always found it to be very user friendly and adaptable.  However I also never had a major issue that required assistance. 

However have now spent over 8 hours on the phone from 4 calls, originally promised solution with 24-48 hours, nothing received,  was hopeful but finally on follow up week later eventually promised original contact would call back, didnt, when called again day later was cut off after spending1:48 mostly on hold and verifying myself 3 times so they knew how to call back, but didnt.  Fouth call by time got to someone who seemed to know what they were doing, about 2 hours on hold mostly, was time for them to close.   Again promised someone will call back, and nothing.

Apart from the wasted hours on the phone, have spent a lot longer getting the company file I have a problem with ready.  The particular issue is in relation to inventory, which I have since discovered may not be the strongest part of AccountRight, but if solved think can do everything I need.

If anyone at MYOB reads these would appreciate some indication there may be some assistance, but i cant keep spending 2hrs+ a day on the phone for no result.

14 REPLIES 14
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Hoping for a call

Hi @BrettP1 

While we are not able to arrange a callback through this Community Forum. Do feel free to provide additional information about your query so that the MYOB Community can offer some assistance with regards to that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

BrettP1
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the offer.

Background is we acquired a business that was not keeping perpetual inventory, when we started we carried on, however we would now like to establish a perpetual inventory system.

To do so a copy of the current file was taken end of September 22 and stored offline.  To this file we added all new inventory items.  To these inventory items we entered opening stock values as at 30 June 2022, which reconciled with the opening inventory value at 30 June 22.   Then went through and reentered all stock purchases against the new inventory items and deleted the original entry.  Then went through and reentered sales invoices and sales orders using the new inventory items.  Along the way established build items as required.

This all seemed to be working fine until went to recode a sale and came upon error saying insufficient inventory.  On investigation the issue as set out below has effected a number of inventory items but not all and  I have not been able to identify any patern to which items effected.

Below is screen shot of the Quanty On Hand screen from the List Items, Note Opening Inventory as entered was 5 however Quanty on Hand -6, there are no entries prior to that point.

The error is in the opening line where inventory taken up, and whilst the majory of effected items are less On Hand that Opening Quantity, it is not all, some are the other way.

The next screen is from Reports Inventory Detail, which is correct, finally is shot of Reports Inventory Summary, which shows 0 on hand similar to the Item List.

Just as an added issue, I have since tried to put this file online however keep getting a communication error, have tried turning off virus protection, restarting modem, restarting computer, tried from different location i.e. different wifi. So any suggestions on that issue also appreciated.  Thanks all in advance.

Item List_On Hand.jpgItem List_Register AC.jpgItem register report summary.jpg

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,855 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,855Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @BrettP1 , note that picture files etc should be added as attachments before they can be viewed by anyone. Your pictures will need to be approved by a mod first.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

BrettP1
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the notice, first time doing this.  Do I need to send the pictures again?  Should they be pictures or pdf?  I did try the attach file but wasnt sure if that was working but on review probably was.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,855 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,855Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

@BrettP1 , either jpg or pdf is fine, plus other formats. Leave it to you whether you repeat the upload. I'm keen to see them Smiley Happy.

(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

BrettP1
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry messed up adding screenshots, attached now correctly I hope.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,855 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,855Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @BrettP1 , thanks for posting these screenshots. 

The item list (items register screen display) is known for issues like this, and yours is incorrect. The Item register summary report is also incorrect (it probably uses the same info). 

The item register detail report is correct. 

MYOB moderators may be able to run a script over your file to recalculate the onhand balances.This will not be a permanent fix, so be alert for repeats.

BrettP1
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the advise, i suspected was something like that and needed the script.  That was why went direct to MYOB support and got absolutly nowhere.

May give them one more try otherwise will have to look for another system.

But thank you for the confirmation was not an error on my part and taking time to answer.

Thanks

BrettP

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @BrettP1 

Great to see that @Mike_James  has been offering some guidance on your situation.

Happy to run those scripts for you through this channel. Would just need for you to confirm the following:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post