How do I process a non-standard item using Iten Invoice?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How do I process a non-standard item using Iten Invoice?

Hi All

This might sound pretty straightforward for some but my head is starting to spin!

Have had no problems using service type invoices but want to keep better control on stock so changing to Item invoices. I have set up items for labour etc at hourly rate but...

Quite often our business sends parts out for welding or maching and costs for these differ job to job. I though of setting an item for machining with a base rate eg $10 but as some jobs may cost $90 and the next $460... 46 times the item would not look good on my customer's invoice.

Using the service invoice, this is not of concern because each item is charged individually, but is it possible to use item invoice when I deal with these variables? If I continue to issue a service invoice only if a non-standard cost has to be charged, I cannot use pre-entered items and so inventory is not adjusted. A bit of a quandry... any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
145 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

145Posts

35Kudos

3Solutions

Re: How do I process a non-standard item using Iten Invoice?

I don't do many sales invoices but do a lot of purchases.  On these I am able to overwrite the price for each item if required so would think you could do this on sales too.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thanks Suebell

I knew I was over thinking this whole issue.

Easy - I set up an item - Contracted - Welding with a nil amount in Sell Price and then just overtype the relevant amount when issuing the actual invoice.

Thanks again - may not be the most elegant solution but it works so is the main thing!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @NBMM

Fantastic, glad to hear that you have found a solution that works for yourself. Also thanks for sharing it with the MYOB Community so that others can benefit.

Don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again should you have any further enquires.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post